Carrier Moratourim Due to Hurricane Sandy

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just curious my captive carrier has placed a moratourim on all new business (yes including auto too) till furthur notice due to hurricane Sandy

Are any of your carriers putting a hold on new business and adding coverage?

Re: Moratourim

Progressive and Safeco have but Erie is still allowing me to quote but I'm not issuing any auto with full coverage or homeowners with effective dates prior to 11/1/12. I had a contractor client that needed auto coverage effective tomorrow the only carrier I could write him with was AIC.

You are with LM right? My friends down here with them are frustrated but if your prospects currently have insurance just call them back later this week. Stay dry! It's not to bad in the DC area of MD yet but Ocean City is getting hammered.

Yes and as you know LM usually keeps these things going for longer then most carriers. During Irene we could not add water backup for over a month.

Thanks, Philly looks like it is about to get the worst of it too. Stay safe as well down there.

dont most carriers do this? I know I get alot of emails about brush fires in my area, no new policies and no changes.

Which is how it should be.....

Is it fair for people with liability only to suddenly call in today and add full coverage to be covered for the storm, or to lower their house deductible as low as possible?

Back