Changing Insurance Companies

Mary1964

Hello all,

Last August we had a fire in our house and a few months ago the insurance company raised our premiums. We are looking at changing insurance companies but we still have items that we need to be reimbursed for, items that we haven't purchased yet. After we purchase these items, the receipts will be sent to the insurance company and they will reimburse us. My question is, if we change insurance companies, will our old insurance company still be responsible for the reimbursement of these items?

Thanks,
Mary

You had coverage at the time of the loss. But don't expect to find anyone that will insure you with a fire lose and if they will, they won't cheaply.

You might want to make sure you can actually get a better price from another insurance company, but yes, they are still responsible for the charges arising from that fire.

Did you have a bad experience with your insurance carrier? If not, why would you want to change. I'm betting they spent significantly more on your claim than you've paid in premium. No loyalty.

If you are paying you the complete claim then why you want to change the insurance company. I am saying this because this is your old company and if you select the new one then you need to know every term of that home insurance policy so it is better to stick with old insurance company.

If you are paying you the complete claim then why you want to change the insurance company. I am saying this because this is your old company and if you select the new one then you need to know every term of that home insurance policy so it is better to stick with old insurance company.

ya, ummmm, WTF

Anyway, for a serious comment, most new insurance companies wont cover you until the previous claim is closed......

Back