Charging a Fee for An Auto Insurance Policy

I have always wished I could charge a "Waste My Time" or PITA fee, but that's not legal in Florida. I think one of Al3x's first dictatorial decrees as National Insurance Czar should be to allow sliding scale pricing based on how difficult the client is.

You're thinking small my friend. We need to make him president. Just the fact that he passed his insurance exam and can put full sentences together puts him ahead of the current prezy.

You're thinking small my friend. We need to make him president. Just the fact that he passed his insurance exam and can put full sentences together puts him ahead of the current prezy.

Sentence I put together ok sound may be good of President to together put

I have always wished I could charge a "Waste My Time" or PITA fee, but that's not legal in Florida. I think one of Al3x's first dictatorial decrees as National Insurance Czar should be to allow sliding scale pricing based on how difficult the client is.

I like it, it's on the agenda

Yeah, call up your insurance department's licensing division and ask an investigator for an opinion.

He already knows what both they and his carrier will say. That's why instead of asking them, who would be the obvious first call in any case like this, he is asking us instead. He is trying to find some sort of workaround.

But Mark... it's less than $20

200.gif

I can only speak for Georgia and you can't charge a fee here. I thought about getting a counselors license and thought this would make it legal to charge a fee but a representative in the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's office told me you can't charge a fee and get a commission also. The reps quote to me was, "you can't have your cake and eat it too."

Pretty sure AAA won't allow it, also could leave you without E&O. Plus, your LLC needs to have a properly licensed producer connected to the licensed business entity. That same producer license will be connected to your business entity license & your counselor license will be connected to your individual producer license.

Would also need to disclose this to any other carriers you are appointed with to determine if it is a conflict of interest, etc

Back