• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cheat Sheet

Toolkits what $39 for med sup and fe? I’ve seen fmo’s with 18% off also. I’ve been with fex quotes for 10 yrs . But their falling down on their game . No Aflac quotes and i noticed a few co’s wrong . You don’t have all the fe quotes i don’t think. I didn’t see new era which i write now and then .

Current American Memorial App:
Part B Questions: If the Proposed Insured answers “YES” to any question in Part B, he/she will be considered for the Modified Benefit Whole Life Plan only.

2. Within the past 36 months have you:
a. q q Been medically diagnosed as having, been treated or been advised to have treatment for, or been hospitalized for
schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or alcohol or drug abuse, chronic obstructive pulmonary or lung disease (COPD),
emphysema, or chronic bronchitis?

Do you have a different app ?

Just ran a lady who had a Foresters level COPD that was replaced (clean sheeted)by an Orca agent with the COPD question marked no.
He also replaced (clean sheeted)the husband’s Foresters level with American Memorial. The husband has MS which is asked about in Part 1 of the American Memorial app which would be a decline. Foresters does not ask about MS.
He clean sheeted tobacco on both policies,disparaged Foresters to enhance the replacement.

How is this stuff getting issued ?
How is this IMO getting away with this ?

Part B Questions: If the Proposed Insured answers “YES” to any question in Part B, he/she will be considered for the Modified Benefit Whole Life Plan only.

a. q q Been medically diagnosed as having, been treated or been advised to have treatment for, or been hospitalized for
schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or alcohol or drug abuse, chronic obstructive pulmonary or lung disease (COPD),

Just ran a lady who had a Foresters level COPD that was replaced (clean sheeted)by an Orca agent with the COPD question marked no.
He also replaced (clean sheeted)the husband’s Foresters level with American Memorial. The husband has MS which is asked about in Part 1 of the American Memorial app which would be a decline. Foresters does not ask about MS.
He clean sheeted tobacco on both policies,disparaged Foresters to enhance the replacement.

AmMem will approve COPD level if no changes in COPD meds in the last 36 months and no oxygen use and no nebulizer use.

BUT, the question still has to be marked no on the application. Even if it's actually yes. Most COPD clients probably haven't changed their meds in the last 3 years. But many have. That's not really the problem with the app. Most, if not all, of the COPD people I see do use a nebulizer. That isa knockout that one particular IMO seems to train agents to ignore.

If I were to write AmMem on a client that has COPD and fits their parameters I would note on the application that they do have OPD and that it was disclosed to the company. I was told by AmMem that if I did that, they would not issue the policy level. So I never wrote one. I know an agent that did just that, made a note on the application that the person had COPD and it was disclosed on the interview. They did issue that policy level and the agent had some protection. Now that they have an eapp and no interview I don't know if there's a way for the agent o protect themselves.

I used to do that on all Americo application for cigar and pipe smokers and chewers and dippers that Americo considered non tobacco. I would write in the notes section of the app something like, "smokes cigars daily" or "smokes a pipe", "uses snuff regularly", etc.

And I put Americo's flyer that hey offered non tobacco rates for those users in every policy. Not only for my protection at claim but for the next agent in the home that was going to try and say their Americo app had been clean sheeted.

A policy like AmMem is doing by offering level coverage while requiring the application to be marked differently is ripe for clean sheeting and the company is complicit.

No it's not. KSKJ standard blows away AmMem.

And you have to answer no to COPD on the AmMem app. KSKJ also takes nitro level. Gabapentin level. At much better prices.

Every AmAm I've seen has been clean sheeted. But they are good at refunding the premiums once it's pointed out to them. Same on the ones clean sheeted for smoking. AmAm makes no fight. It's a PITA to get them on the phone. But once you do they are accommodating on refunds. And they don't do anything to the agents. Sames agents over and over doing the clean sheeting. Same IMO too.

On American memorials agent guide it says if they’ve been on any inhaler more than 3 yrs you answer no to copd question 95% of these people have . As far as getting am am on phone I’ve never had 1 issue getting them on phone . Service is up there with the best . Many on here who write it will agree . My friend has had many claims with kskj and his exact words “ they don’t pay no claims in the first 2 yrs “ . Many fe company’s try their best to get out of paying claims the first 2 yrs . Your in Kentucky. When you replace a 2 yr old policy there’s no contesting . You even admit 50% or more of your business is replacement. As far as kskj rates as you know they alluded during the fla trip they’d be raised sometime this yr . There’s no magic Jd . Kskj has aggressive underwriting and I’m sure they’ve been hit by claims the last few yrs . Just like trans paid a price for aggressive underwriting

Last edited:
More importantly if you’re selling more than one app a year you should have the best quoting tool on the market.

Been using 10 yrs and never had an issue . So there’s never been reason to switch till possibly now . I don’t need the underwriting feature as I know underwriting well . Strictly quotes

Noah the bottom line most fe company’s will turn every Rock over to find a reason to deny . Some day pull your records from your dr on my chart . The dr types in every word you say or he suspects . So many times when the client answers health questions he’s not lieing to you . But the my chart notes might have something different in them . So when a claim comes it could be ammunition to deny the claim

Last edited:
On American memorials agent guide it says if they’ve been on any inhaler more than 3 yrs you answer no to copd question 95% of these people have . As far as getting am am on phone I’ve never had 1 issue getting them on phone . Service is up there with the best . Many on here who write it will agree . My friend has had many claims with kskj and his exact words “ they don’t pay no claims in the first 2 yrs “ . Many fe company’s try their best to get out of paying claims the first 2 yrs . Your in Kentucky. When you replace a 2 yr old policy there’s no contesting . You even admit 50% or more of your business is replacement. As far as kskj rates as you know they alluded during the fla trip they’d be raised sometime this yr . There’s no magic Jd . Kskj has aggressive underwriting and I’m sure they’ve been hit by claims the last few yrs . Just like trans paid a price for aggressive underwriting

KSKJ did not say they would raise rates. They said they would adjust rates. Last they did that some rates went down.

Tran lowered their rates 10% last year so I don't know where you are going with that.

KSKJ has paid every contestable claim I've had with them in over 7 years. Not talking about the KY ones protected. I know every top agent with KSKJ. I've never heard even one complain about KSKJ not paying claims. I'm sure they don't pay some bu it doesn't rise to the level that you hear complaints about it. Like you do with Americo, LH and AmAm.

Agents do come to FEX from other IMO's singing the praises of AmAm. It only takes them a couple months of writing real companies to realize how bad amam really is.

AmAm has huge IMO contracts. That's why many IMO's push them.

What do you mean "many on here"? I can count the F producers on here with one hand and have fingers left over. :1wink:

KSKJ did not say they would raise rates. They said they would adjust rates. Last they did that some rates went down.

Tran lowered their rates 10% last year so I don't know where you are going with that.

KSKJ has paid every contestable claim I've had with them in over 7 years. Not talking about the KY ones protected. I know every top agent with KSKJ. I've never heard even one complain about KSKJ not paying claims. I'm sure they don't pay some bu it doesn't rise to the level that you hear complaints about it. Like you do with Americo, LH and AmAm.

Agents do come to FEX from other IMO's singing the praises of AmAm. It only takes them a couple months of writing real companies to realize how bad amam really is.

AmAm has huge IMO contracts. That's why many IMO's push them.

What do you mean "many on here"? I can count the F producers on here with one hand and have fingers left over. :1wink:
I’ve seen baseball praise am am many times .In many face groups they love them . But to each his own . I’ve written 100’s of am am with no issues . Your right they got fat contracts .We’ll no soon enough what kskj does with rates . Maybe that 30% less total comp first year to IMO’s allows more aggressiveness on underwriting.You seem to sell mostly on price and it’s served you well . I just need to be middle of the roadish and It’s served me well .

I’ve seen baseball praise am am many times .In many face groups they love them . But to each his own . I’ve written 100’s of am am with no issues . Your right they got fat contracts .We’ll no soon enough what kskj does with rates . Maybe that 30% less total comp first year to IMO’s allows more aggressiveness on underwriting.You seem to sell mostly on price and it’s served you well . I just need to be middle of the roadish and It’s served me well .

I absolutely sell on price. Price for the same thing is the key. Not selling term instead of whole life or pretending UL is the same as whole life. Or selling $10K whole life and adding $10K ad&d and telling them they have $20K.

As for the 30% crap, I don't care. One thing I do not do is count other people's money. I want to get paid what I'm worth as a top producing agent and I do get that. What anyone makes off my work over what I can get doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I hope they do make money. I want FEX to stay in business. So I hope Travis and Scott are making money to stay in business. If I'm contributing to their staying in business then all the better.

Same for KSKJ. I want them to stay in business and thrive in this business. I hope I am making money for them too.

Baseball is an IMO. He's going to butter his own bread. Nothing wrong with that either. Baseball owns, at least in part, ToolKit. He's going to push that too. As would I if I owned it.

But I don't concern myself with what he makes on it.

Thanks for the replies. I will look at American Memorial tomorrow. I don't write enough FE to warrant a subscription to the toolkit. If I was still chasing leads I would have it but I am not.
Don’t most IMO’s supply InsuranceToolKit to you for free?

Back