Cold Calling Mod Needed

Why would cold calling need a moderator?.. After a few posts, you get a pretty good idea what someone has to say so if it upsets you, just ignore their posts when you see their name. As far as chasing anyone off, if a person can't deal with a little negativity and opposition on an internet forum, they aren't going to make it in the business. If they can't deal with it here, they sure won't be able to deal with it face to face in the real world.

Justin, you have constantly dealt with opposition from M&M on this matter and you are still here. Why assume others aren't as strong as you and they have to be "protected"? :skeptical:

Why would cold calling need a moderator?.. After a few posts, you get a pretty good idea what someone has to say so if it upsets you, just ignore their posts when you see their name. As far as chasing anyone off, if a person can't deal with a little negativity and opposition on an internet forum, they aren't going to make it in the business. If they can't deal with it here, they sure won't be able to deal with it face to face in the real world.

Justin, you have constantly dealt with opposition from M&M on this matter and you are still here. Why assume others aren't as strong as you and they have to be "protected"? :skeptical:

Plus 1! Why not put M&M on your ignore list, then you won't see his "educational" comments". :twitchy:

The perfect moderator would be Rick from Topgunproducers. He believes in cold calling and as a moderator he would kick butts and take names.

He believes more in cold canvassing businesses. He has many times talked about walking into the business cold and immediatly getting a presentation and during said presentation a cold caller is rebuffed....

It's the same reason a lot of FE agents swear by door knocking as it is very easy to say not interested and hang up the phone. Where cold calling excels is you can be talking to another owner in 10 seconds.

Well, as rousemark said...if they can't handle a little negativity on here, then they probably won't make it in sales. That's part of life....there are always a few "schoolyard bullies" out there.

No $hit its part of life, but on the convenience of the internet, noone has to nor will they put up with bullshit when there's plenty of other forums and sites out there. I am trying to stem the leak cause I would like to see this forum retain new blood and further bounce more ideas off each other.

It's not just about cold calling. There's a belief by some that if you don't do it the way they do it, you're wrong.

I've seen the same thing with people who sit at the kitchen table in their underwear selling small policies on the phone bashing agents who put on clothes and leave the office to go see people (or leave the house to go to an office even).

I personally have no use for pure cold-calling, but I don't need to tell those that cold call that they're stupid because I don't do it.

If you think a dose of negativity is somehow a good thing or an opportunity to toughen up, go get it from a prospect who may accidentally do business with you. Don't need it from another agent.

Last edited:
It's not just about cold calling. There's a belief by some that if you don't do it the way they do it, you're wrong.

I've seen the same thing with people who sit at the kitchen table in their underwear selling small policies on the phone bashing agents who put on clothes and leave the office to go see people (or leave the house to go to an office even).

I personally have no use for pure cold-calling, but I don't need to tell those that cold call that their stupid because I don't do it.

If you think a dose of negativity is somehow a good thing or an opportunity to toughen up, go get it from a prospect who may accidentally do business with you. Don't need it from another agent.

Second. Also from agents that only do this business F2F, on the internet or D2D. Or Only sell term/GUL or Whole Life. Or young people do not buy permanent, Seniors are all poor and stupid. The only absolute is that there is no absolute.

Back