Cold Door Knocking (Trying a Script )

KCTrumplican

Okay, I went door-knocking today May 1 Monday and my goal is to do this every day 5 days a week and see what happens for 90 days Not buying leads yet. I think I can sell life Insurance to anyone Right
I did this over 20 years ago in LA Selling Just selling Term with PFS and doing about 10-15k a month It's small compared to what people are doing now per week and that's my goal.
To learn to do it and make some seed money and get the experience. to close 3-5 sales a day working about 6-8 hours. I only knocked for about 2 hours today this is what I'm saying

my name is _________ with _______, and I have one little question I’d like to ask you; most folks already have their life insurance in place, but if you had an extra $5K or $10K that you wanted to leave to someone who you cared about, or did you a great favor and wanted to do something special for them when your time comes, WHO WOULD THAT PERSON BE?”

I did talk to some people just learning my script and talking to people One person was interested but I didn't get her number and I told her to call me or text me....I know I let her get away but I was trying to hit the doors
before I had to leave. The Delivery Notice really work and how I can use them then they call my Google line
and I can call them or text them ( ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS) I have them in packs of 50 so I only did a pack and about 16 so about 70 doors today . Need to get more doors and let the numbers work for me. Then we can work on the Seminar and then the Phone .....This will help me be accountable to myself and my journey
Thanks for listening

One person was interested but I didn't get her number and I told her to call me or text me....I know I let her get away but I was trying to hit the doors
That's one of the things about door knocking....you don't have an appointment to get to, so if you have somebody interested.....sell it now. When you go back they might've lost interest.

Okay, I went door-knocking today May 1 Monday and my goal is to do this every day 5 days a week and see what happens for 90 days Not buying leads yet. I think I can sell life Insurance to anyone Right
I did this over 20 years ago in LA Selling Just selling Term with PFS and doing about 10-15k a month It's small compared to what people are doing now per week and that's my goal.
To learn to do it and make some seed money and get the experience. to close 3-5 sales a day working about 6-8 hours. I only knocked for about 2 hours today this is what I'm saying

my name is _________ with _______, and I have one little question I’d like to ask you; most folks already have their life insurance in place, but if you had an extra $5K or $10K that you wanted to leave to someone who you cared about, or did you a great favor and wanted to do something special for them when your time comes, WHO WOULD THAT PERSON BE?”

I did talk to some people just learning my script and talking to people One person was interested but I didn't get her number and I told her to call me or text me....I know I let her get away but I was trying to hit the doors
before I had to leave. The Delivery Notice really work and how I can use them then they call my Google line
and I can call them or text them ( ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS) I have them in packs of 50 so I only did a pack and about 16 so about 70 doors today . Need to get more doors and let the numbers work for me. Then we can work on the Seminar and then the Phone .....This will help me be accountable to myself and my journey
Thanks for listening

I wish you the best . If you believe you can do it you can .If I were you I’d buy some 3 yr old Direct mail B leads and door knock those . I think you can get this for 50 cent to $1 each . Also theres imo’s that will give you 70% , free fresh direct mail leads and set up all your appts for free . You seem hungry and would probably do well with that . Once you save $5-$10 k take a 120% contract were you buy the $35 leads and pay $10 an appt .

Thanks for listening

I'd hate to cold knock. Agree, you're much better off buying aged DM leads and knocking those.

For your script with knocking aged leads, just keep it simple.

"Hi, Ms. Jones. I'm ____ with ____. Stopping by because we received this card from you requesting information on the new state-regulated programs for _____ residents. Just need a couple minutes to go over this information with you. Where can we sit?"

okay aged leads that's good to know. Anything on the Delivery Notices That I leave on those doors and what should I say on my answering machine when they call me

Just go into low income areas and look for hoses that look haunted,abandoned. Wear a light blue button up shirt,khakis,.
Wear a name tag,badge with your license,carry a clipboard.Hold your nose and hit those doors. Don’t worry about being too organized,on your game. Just go with a story with whatever kind of creature comes to the door. Make sure they have a checking account or Direct Express card. Write everything you can. Don’t take any more than a 6 month advance. After a year,you’ll have plenty of seed money coming in and you can buy leads if you want.

okay aged leads that's good to know. Anything on the Delivery Notices That I leave on those doors and what should I say on my answering machine when they call me

I always check final attempt on the delivery notice. If I know I'll be back in that area the next day, I'll write "Redelivery tomorrow morning" on the notice.

Answering machine should sound professional. Something like, "You've reached ____ with _____. Please leave a message and I'll return your call."

my goal is to do this every day 5 days a week and see what happens for 90 days Not buying leads yet.

Assuming you are selling final expense as you posted this in the senior forum (which is nowhere near as much fun as the final expense forum, but you're new here, and eventually you'll learn) then I'll share how I've done it.

Step 1: Mail 1000 + direct mail pieces though MSPowermail (Main Street Powermail. IMPORTANT: Request they send you a "seed" card. This is a piece mailed to you directly as though you yourself were a prospect. IMPORTANT: Request the actual filled in lead cards to be returned to you. Current cost I believe is $542 ($532 for the 1000 pieces + $10 to have the actual filled out cards mailed to you - the CRM with mapping function that you will need is included in the price of the mailing).

Step 2: Laminate the seed card you received in a heavy laminate cover.

Step 2: Wait for at least 2 or 3 cards to come in (you might only get 2 to 3 cards total - my avg for the longest time was 8 completed lead card, but the last two times I mailed I Only got back 4 and 5 cards respectively)

STEP 3: MSPowermail will load all those who received tha mailer to a CRM with mapping function. Go knock one o fthe leads that was sent in to you, and then also door knock each of the recipients near that address who received the card but non-responded. Start with the address closest to your lead, and work out from there.

"Hi there Miss Mary, I'm Daytimer, and I'm the local agent assigned to help all the retired age folks around here with the new 2023 state-approved final expense programs. I gotta tell ya', Ms Mary, Everyone around here has been real nice so long as I don't take too much of their time. In fact I was just I was just around the corner visiting with Ms Jane. She filled out a card just like this one [show the laminated seed card] and sent it back. The mail being what it is we haven't received yours back yet, but since I'm here anyway I figured I'd stop by and go over your eligibility with you too. You have a place where we can sit down for just a few minutes?"*

*I didn't come up with any of this on my own. I just took good ideas from others who had already done it and put it together in a format that worked very well for me.

I also tried it with the Walmart gift card mailer, and I kept 5 to 10 Walmart gift cards worth $10 each on me. I tried $5, which didn't seem to impress anyone, but $10 got their attention. I'll gladly pay $10 for an FE sit.

For FE, that was the lowest cost of Aquisition I got. In terms of time, knocking a qualified mailing list is much more efficient than going door to door for FE.

Now, if you were selling upper middle-income folks on income replacement term or LIRP's, then door to door in the appropriate neighborhoods is fine.

BNut if you are looking for specifically for low-income seniors, don't go door to door. However, if you have simplified issue products in your pocket that will write ages 0 to 80, then door to door in a low-income area would probably work.

I prefer having a list and 90% or more of the time I have the correct name.

Also, don't ask, "Hi, Miss Mary?"

Say, "Hi there Miss Mary!"

Let her tell you Mary dies and she's her daughter.

Back