Colonial Life Brokers

Rita

Our credit union recently received our Broker appointment from Colonial Life. We have several employees that are L&H licensed in our state but was told by Colonial that we would not be able to use them as openers or enrollers but had to use Colonial agents instead. Is this true? Our credit union could earn a whole lot more commission by doing it all. Appreciate the feedback....

Our credit union recently received our Broker appointment from Colonial Life. We have several employees that are L&H licensed in our state but was told by Colonial that we would not be able to use them as openers or enrollers but had to use Colonial agents instead. Is this true? Our credit union could earn a whole lot more commission by doing it all. Appreciate the feedback....

May be the way they prefer to do it but the CU could always tell them that if that is the case, there are plenty of companies that offer the products Colonial offers. They may decide you can use your own people as enrollers.

Our credit union recently received our Broker appointment from Colonial Life. We have several employees that are L&H licensed in our state but was told by Colonial that we would not be able to use them as openers or enrollers but had to use Colonial agents instead. Is this true? Our credit union could earn a whole lot more commission by doing it all.
How much experience do your CU employees have in opening and enrolling this kind of case? Thinking that you can do it better than experts in the area is oftentimes "penny wise and pound foolish".

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that CL uses proprietary hardware (laptops) to handle enrollments. I guess you could use paper apps, but their enrollers have their own laptops and software to complete enrollments.

The direct answer is no, you do not have to use colonial enrollers. you may very well use your own. however if you are going to use your own it would be wise to have your team trained by colonial on the specifics of the products, as well as, how to use the software.

but a word of caution. the last thing you want is to save a few pennies by enrolling yourself, then have to waste a ton of money fighting a claim in court because one of "your" enrollers did not explain the product right or complete the enrollment correctly.

i think i just said the same thing as moonlight

just my 2 cents, but what do i know i only have 6 posts...

hold up, this makes 7. let me find 13 more so i can see pictures in everyones signature box. can u tell im bored and can't sleep.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
btw, if you have a broker appointment with CL and you cant open or enroll, then what the heck can you do?

get them trained on enrolling, but opening...

post #8, 12 more to go.

Last edited:
As broker, we would provide referrals and get the broker commission on any written business. The openers and enrollers would also receive their respective commissions.

Back