Colonial Life Career

mollyann

I'm considering a career with Colonial Life - leaving the individual health care market.

Any advice out there? from what i've read people think the commissions are low - from what I've been dealing with they seem great.

I would appreciate any insight one might have

I'm considering a career with Colonial Life - leaving the individual health care market.

Any advice out there? from what i've read people think the commissions are low - from what I've been dealing with they seem great.

I would appreciate any insight one might have

1st suggestion, don't ask the same question in two places.
2nd read my reply in "general agent discussion"

My relationship with them is from a broker standpoint.

I like them.

I have a Colonial rep that actually will service on claims.

If you go into that field you need to prospect brokers. The brokers can get your proposal on the table. Colonial can sell against the duck because of the age brackets.

It will take a few years to make any real money. Everyone wants instant gratification but it takes time.

I was with them for just a few months. I met quite a few agents that were doing well, and were with them for a very long time. Their training and support was excellent, and I thought hat the product was excellent.
I left because my manager kept sending me email about religion, and wouldn't stop even thought I asked him several times.

I was with them for just a few months. I met quite a few agents that were doing well, and were with them for a very long time. Their training and support was excellent, and I thought hat the product was excellent.
I left because my manager kept sending me email about religion, and wouldn't stop even thought I asked him several times.

Was he trying to proselytize you? That is totally unacceptable and should have been reported to the home office of Colonial. Business and religion shouldn't mix. They are like oil and water! However, you wouldn't think that to be the case when you view posts from certain forum members.:mad:

Last edited:
I wasn't certain if the emails were coming from him, his wife, or someone else in his office. I certainly didn't want to put any one's job on the line. Given the nature of the business itself, I wasn't too unhappy about leaving anyway. I found it a tough way to do business, mainly because the prospecting was very difficult.

Prospecting is extremely difficult.

It does not matter what insurance product you are selling.

Voluntary benefits right now are a tough sale. Most HR of small companies are understaffed. So they really don't want to deal with the admin of it.

If work site products are already in place its tough to switch them because the savings is not huge.

Back