Colonial Life

Discussion in 'Employee Benefits Forum' started by Waterfront Financial, May 23, 2016.

1. rousemark

rousemark Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As a sister company, I believe
    Wash Nat. has the same product line and can be individual or payroll.

2. scagnt83

scagnt83 Well-Known Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I never realized that. Ive been on this Forum for 6 years now and I learn something new at least a few times a week if not more. Thanks for the info!

3. diesel

diesel Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I believe the sister company to Wash. Nat is Colonial Penn? not Colonial Life... not that it matters at this point

4. rousemark

rousemark Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You are correct..Colonial Life is a Unum company not Conseco which owns Wash. Nat.

5. ltruitt

ltruitt Member

I purchased this voluntary supplemental disability insurance through Colonial Life to supplement my std provider of Liberty mutual if I ever had to go on short term disability. My premiums came straight out of paycheck and were always paid on time. Unfortunately, my doctor put me out on std from Jan 2016 through March 2016. I filled out every form correctly and always had my doctor submit the requested paperwork. I received payment from Liberty mutual quickly, but it is now Dec 2016 and I'm still waiting payment from Colonial. My doctor has sent paperwork in three different times and then they come up with something slightly different each time. They wanted all diagnosis and lab tests/results and 20 plus pages were sent in on 2 different occasions.