Combined Insurance?

windi

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Anyone work with this med-supp company? Just got an email about them. the rates are competitive, so they might be worth having in bag.....

They did only give rates for Plans A and F, and they were 'proposed' rates, so don't know if that would be the actual rates once it's available...

Combined used to be a very reputable company. Probably still is. To my knowledge, they've always relied on their captive agency force until they came out with this new supplement.

I've been familiar with the reputation of Combined for awhile and was pleased when I saw they were opening up to brokers, until I learned, just today, that Combined is offering this new supplement exclusively through an Amerilife downline. And for everything I know of that's good about Combined, it isn't enough to cancel out the hurt feelings I have towards Amerilife. So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to give Combined a pass. :no:

And remember folks, be nice. Amerilife trolls this forum and copies these posts to your respective uplines (no joke here).

Combined used to be a very reputable company. Probably still is. To my knowledge, they've always relied on their captive agency force until they came out with this new supplement.

I've been familiar with the reputation of Combined for awhile and was pleased when I saw they were opening up to brokers, until I learned, just today, that Combined is offering this new supplement exclusively through an Amerilife downline. And for everything I know of that's good about Combined, it isn't enough to cancel out the hurt feelings I have towards Amerilife. So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to give Combined a pass. :no:

And remember folks, be nice. Amerilife trolls this forum and copies these posts to your respective uplines (no joke here).

Who gives a shat if they read here?

Combined's captive agency (I presume the same company) has a terrible reputation for being pushy and annoying people. Some people love them, but they're the but of many jokes in NY and elsewhere. I'm not sure if that's any reflection on their med supp, but a friend of mine that's active in the market things the whole deal as he's seen it so far isn't competitive in any respect.

That's very interesting.

I've seen several posts about Amerilife being some horrible upline but nobody posts anything specific.

So what's the deal? What problems has anyone had?

I've seen several posts about Amerilife being some horrible upline but nobody posts anything specific.

So what's the deal? What problems has anyone had?

One of the major problems folks have is not getting releases. Another problem they had when I was working for a carrier, and we knew this at the carrier level, was that they weren't paying their agents commissions and because they were paid directly to Amerilife, there wasn't anything we could do about it. The powers that be liked the amount of production that they brought so they wouldn't do anything about it, but it was a legitimate complaint their agents had.

One point of clarification too though is that they have a captive side and an independent side, for lack of a better way to put it. The two behave very differently, but that doesn't mean everyone will delineate between the two.

I have several contracts that originated through Frank, and they are through Amerilife. I have never had a problem with the service from Amerilife (though, admittedly, I haven't tried to get a release). Perhaps this would be different if I were on the captive side?

billyg said:
I have several contracts that originated through Frank, and they are through Amerilife. I have never had a problem with the service from Amerilife (though, admittedly, I haven't tried to get a release). Perhaps this would be different if I were on the captive side?

If you haven't assigned your commissions and Frank trained you then your only issue ever would be moving your contract and being honest that's an issue beyond Amerilife.

The email I receive said nothing about Amerilife downline. I Don't even know how I got the email, to be honest. I will admit I'm somewhat ignorant as to the exact names of the companies we are going through, being captive to an agency at the moment, but it was Network Insurance that emailed me. I saw nothing about Amerilife....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We have contracts (four I think) through Frank.. did he work with Network Insurance at all? That's the originating email to me....

Last edited:
The email I receive said nothing about Amerilife downline.

My information may be incorrect, then. If you are interested in proceeding further, could you please inquire with Network if they are appointing through Amerilife? They do with other carriers, I believe and this may be one of them.

Of course, it also may not :goofy:

Back