Coming off a free lead system

Clkn601

I’ve been in the business 4 years. Been on a free lead system and have always been curious of the broker/independent side of things. So many questions and I know I’ll learn most of it on the way. Few questions I have is1)what is a fair commission rate first year and RENEWALS? 2)Do I really need a IMO? 3) Are all lead vendors the same? TIA

I’ve been in the business 4 years. Been on a free lead system and have always been curious of the broker/independent side of things. So many questions and I know I’ll learn most of it on the way. Few questions I have is1)what is a fair commission rate first year and RENEWALS? 2)Do I really need a IMO? 3) Are all lead vendors the same? TIA

1. Commissions depend on the product you are selling. I’ll post a link at the end of my post for starting level Final Expense commissions which is what my agency specializes with.
2. No you do not have to go through an IMO. But you will most likely get higher commissions, access to better lead programs, much better training and free access to communicate with a whole lot of top producers that you can learn from and grow your business with.
3. NO. Most lead vendors are selling garbage. I would say your question is 100% a no. There are no two lead vendors that are exactly alike.
Here is a link to what independent agents get with FE commissions. You need to get similar grids from any IMO you consider and for the products you want to focus on. Any IMO that gives you a song and dance routine about not wanting to give you commission levels in writing as soon as you ask is to be avoided.
Here is the link Final Expense Commission Levels

Back