Considering buying an Allstate Agency

I have been an agent for 49 years and have been independent. Two years ago I was approached by Allstate offering an independent contract. I thought wow this is great. Getting the benefit of their national advertising and still being independent. I have one policy left with Allstate and can't move it quick enough. They are like dealing with the largest government bureaucracy you can think of. An allstate insured was at fault in an accident with my insured. It took almost 90 days to get settled. I would call the claims rep and get ignored. Today, you can't call the home office. You must communicate with them by chat. I wouldn't do business with Allstate under any circumstances.

I have been an agent for 49 years and have been independent. Two years ago I was approached by Allstate offering an independent contract. I thought wow this is great. Getting the benefit of their national advertising and still being independent. I have one policy left with Allstate and can't move it quick enough. They are like dealing with the largest government bureaucracy you can think of. An allstate insured was at fault in an accident with my insured. It took almost 90 days to get settled. I would call the claims rep and get ignored. Today, you can't call the home office. You must communicate with them by chat. I wouldn't do business with Allstate under any circumstances.
But aside from that, no complaints?

Back