Considering replacing SNL

I have been writing FE for about 14 years. Who would be a good substitute for SNL. I want to email or fax the app in. I want decent pricing, and relaxed underwriting. I also want to do business with a company that answers the phone in a timely manner. I miss dealing with Tommy.

Any thoughts?
Have you looked at Sentinel Security?

I have not. What are their strengths and weakness's

The American amicable your looking at is the telesales . I ran a bunch of quotes . On ns snl $2-$3 cheaper on a $55 premium but $2-$3 more on smoker . Will you do E-App or phone interview? I believe sentinel requires a phone interview

The American amicable your looking at is the telesales . I ran a bunch of quotes . On ns snl $2-$3 cheaper on a $55 premium but $2-$3 more on smoker . Will you do E-App or phone interview? I believe sentinel requires a phone interview

No phone interview with Sentinel. They are almost as difficult as AmAm to deal with though.

I do not ever recall having an issue with a signature from any of the companies I have used over 14 years of selling FE. It's like they are accusing the guy of fraud.

I have had a couple people sign with an X and questioned. Pics only take a minute, proves I was there, jogs my memory who they were, saves time if signature or ID issues. Seams like it has happened more on foreign nationals.

I have not. What are their strengths and weakness's
Paper app or eapp (no POS interview), I find them easy to work with. Ages 0-85. Level, Graded (30*70*100) and Modified. Lifetime pay, single pay, 10 pay, 20 pay, paid up at 65 and paid up at 85. Waiver of premium, accidental death and child riders. They go Level on a young kid on insulin as long as no more than 50 units a day in past 5 years, COPD on current oxygen is Graded, and very lenient with depression/anxiety drugs. If the underwriter has any questions they call the applicant.

Their Level rates are in line with Trinity and competitive on Graded and Modified. Takes credit card on initial payment only. Takes post dated check within 30 days. Cigar/pipe used no more than 4 times a month non smoker rate.

Not the cheapest, but very competitive and they can cover most of the bases.

Last edited:
No phone interview with Sentinel. They are almost as difficult as AmAm to deal with though.

I’m contracted with them but haven’t done any . Your saying they take a paper app and never call the client ? I could of sworn I read they call the client or short phone interview.

I have used SNL for maybe ten years or so. For the most part they have been ok to deal with. I like them because I don't like calling in apps over the phone. I want to write the app, do a cool down, and move on to the next one.

I haven't been on the forum much as I only work three days a month now. I am an old dog who isn't very good at learning new tricks.

I sent an app to SNL last week and they sent me an email stating they needed a government ID as they did not like his signature. The client is a pain in the ass and is very busy and won't take the time to snap a pic of his driver's license and send it to me. He is 67 and I think he doesn't know how to do it. SNL says they can call him and take the app over the phone, but he does not answer the phone.

My point is; there is nothing wrong with his signature. Yes, it is different, and kind of artistic. But he signed three times and all three are the same. SNL claims it looks like his initials, which is not the case at all. They claim their company who pulls MIBs will not accept it. I seriously doubt they even bothered to send it. They kind of insinuated that fraud could be involved. When I took the app i looked at his driver's license and watched him sign all three pages.

I have been writing FE for about 14 years. Who would be a good substitute for SNL. I want to email or fax the app in. I want decent pricing, and relaxed underwriting. I also want to do business with a company that answers the phone in a timely manner. I miss dealing with Tommy.

Any thoughts?
Columbian has middle of the pack rates for the most part but at siome ages they beat SNL. Paper app or eApp.. no phone call with either...Can get an immediate decision using paper app with no phone call. CS very easy to deal with.

Back