Controlled

Controlled business is usually for business written on yourself or immediate household members or family. Basically, the companies and DOI don't want you to be doing all of your business just with close people to you but to all people looking for insurance.

Life companies are usually fine but won't give an advance.

I can't remember if it was company contracts or the DOI rules, but I remember seeing somewhere that only 25% of your book can be controlled business. I would look it up to see how accurate that is but I don't really care as long as I keep 3 clients on the books to make up for my g ma.

I can't remember if it was company contracts or the DOI rules, but I remember seeing somewhere that only 25% of your book can be controlled business. I would look it up to see how accurate that is but I don't really care as long as I keep 3 clients on the books to make up for my g ma.

I thought DOI rules stated 15%. But carriers could be different.

Let me help you out. Take an application and forward it to me. I'll add my agent information (or you can just do that yourself if it's easier). The business certainly wouldn't be controlled. One of us can forward the application to the company.

Yes, I'm a giver and you're welcome.

Rick

Back