Convert PDF Files To PowerPoint

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hi. How are you?

My need is simple. I would like to convert some of my PDF files to Powerpoint. Most are only a few pages.

I can't find a free converter anywhere. I have tried Boxoft and another. but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions? I guess if a free one is not available, I'll have to pay for it.

Great game last night and that's an understatement. TWICE, Texas is one pitch away from winning it all. WOW!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Maybe I found it. Wondershare. We'll see.

Last edited:
You're going to have a problem because there is a ton of information in a .ppt that is not in a .pdf. To put it simply, you're going to have to take the PDF files and more or less put them in a .ppt vs "converting" them. Does that make sense? If not, I'll put it another way.

A .ppt document lets you change fonts, edit pictures, move things around, etc and a .pdf is a fixed image that nearly 100% of the time cannot be edited that way. That being the case, if you want to have the .pdf in a .ppt you can take the pages individually and put them in .ppt slides or you could do your best to just start from scratch and copy the information over so that you can edit it.

If you have any problems with that and want to shoot me the .pdf I can see what I can do with it for you.

I have a program that allows me to open a PDF and then convert to any other I want, i.e., excel, word, etc. Problem is that it does not save it perfectly, so you will need to some editing, and with what you are trying to do, it will be significant. While I am somewhat technically challenged, I do have people in my office that are not and even they have problems converting.

Two suggestions; do what MediarePlanSolutions said about copy/past (which will look less than professional) or create from scratch.

Another way is to save your pdf file as a jpg, using the "save as" command in Adobe Acrobat 9 or above, and the drop down box that shows jpg as an optional file type. Open powerpoint and use the "insert" command to insert a picture. Browse for the jpg and insert it in the page. The only problem is that you can't edit the text (unless you use Photoshop or some photo editing software).

Good ideas. I will try them. As mentioned, the Wondershare seems to work, although it's not perfect. But waht is? Not much any more. I'm not perfect anymore. I was until I misspelled "what." Now I'm like everyone else.

Latest posts

Back