Looking to go independent in medicare and ACA

fastlanemillions

Hello so Im looking on the steps required for me to be an independent agent and sell medicare and ACA plans. I've been working under another agency but I found out late to the game that I could have been getting residual income instead of flat commission this whole time.

Keep in mind I'm not.out in the field, all my sales this far are completely on the phone(pretty much like a call center environment, back to back calls) so I prefer that. In regards to medicare & ACA I'm trying to found out:

1. Where/who can I talk to about getting independently contracted with the different marketplace and Medicare carriers (Oscar, United, am better, Aetna, etc,)

2. Is there an organization that I can inquire about get/buy leads and a CRM platform to get to make sells calls

Any help would be appreciated. I want to set up my environment to be the same as far as making and receiving calls on my CRM. The goal is just to work for myself so I can make the residual income instead of getting robbed.

Side note: Also looking to get life insurance license done the road but since I already have a health license that's my priority to start making sells right away in medicare and ACA

There are a lot of FMOs that will help you with the contracting part and can help with leads, CRM, etc. Just remember that if you want a set up where you keep all of your comp, you are responsible for everything.

I don't know what your specific set up is now but you'll have a lot more on your plate than just making calls and getting paid. Maybe you've been able to learn that from the agency you are currently working for but if you haven't, make sure whatever FMO you work with will help you figure that out. Or even better, find an agent who is doing it well and learn from them.

I appreciate that Jim, ty!

You recommend any FMOs I should look into for Medicare and ACA?

Also down the line I do want to get my life insurance license

Hello so Im looking on the steps required for me to be an independent agent and sell medicare and ACA plans. I've been working under another agency but I found out late to the game that I could have been getting residual income instead of flat commission this whole time.

Keep in mind I'm not.out in the field, all my sales this far are completely on the phone(pretty much like a call center environment, back to back calls) so I prefer that. In regards to medicare & ACA I'm trying to found out:

1. Where/who can I talk to about getting independently contracted with the different marketplace and Medicare carriers (Oscar, United, am better, Aetna, etc,)

2. Is there an organization that I can inquire about get/buy leads and a CRM platform to get to make sells calls

Any help would be appreciated. I want to set up my environment to be the same as far as making and receiving calls on my CRM. The goal is just to work for myself so I can make the residual income instead of getting robbed.

Side note: Also looking to get life insurance license done the road but since I already have a health license that's my priority to start making sells right away in medicare and ACA

Honestly most fmo’s providing telesales types leads you’ll be a loa agent under the fmo . I’ve still yet to find one person with reliable good aca leads an agent can buy . I think you’re going to have to set your own facebook ads to get leads . There’s a vendor named Lee that for $2k or so will set your facebook system up from the ground up with websites and everything and show you how to do everything . Then your in charge of your own leads .

Did you find an agency to work with?

Back