COPD Med Supp

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Hello all,

someone just called me and is interested in looking at different gap plans since their plan N is going up in premium. I would like to look at other plans for him but he has copd and takes the following:

• sympicort
  • spiriva
  • albuterol (inhaler and nebulizer)
  • BP and cholesterol meds
  • Ambien
  • Tramadol
I am going to guess there is not a carrier to write an 85 year old guy like this at a preferred rate. Just taking a shot in the dark to see if anyone knows of some magical carrier who would want to do this case.

only ones I know of are Aetna companies which include Aflac

Think its no more then COPD meds
No oxygen
No Smoking
You know, I think I asked this question once before and you gave me the same advice and I wrote my Grandma with Aetna lol. I looked it up and the cheapest Aetna policy is about the same price as his current plan N so I guess he's prob in the best spot already

You know, I think I asked this question once before and you gave me the same advice and I wrote my Grandma with Aetna lol. I looked it up and the cheapest Aetna policy is about the same price as his current plan N so I guess he's prob in the best spot already

Aflac is under Aetna,

I dont know if any other new carrier has added this, But ever since equitable went down hill its been just Aetna Carriers

Union security was good for a while but they are not available now

Aflac is under Aetna,

I dont know if any other new carrier has added this, But ever since equitable went down hill its been just Aetna Carriers

Aflac costs even more than the Aetna ones in this case. I appreciate the feedback though, hard to keep track of all the underwriting nuances for med supps.

Spiriva is a COPD med

Same for Symbicort

We can't save everyone . . .
That's why the title is "COPD Med Supp" lol 😂. I know we can't save everyone but it is our job to do our due diligence on this sort of thing in my opinion. I told the guy there's nothing we can do and he was okay with it and understood.

That's why the title is "COPD Med Supp" lol 😂. I know we can't save everyone but it is our job to do our due diligence on this sort of thing in my opinion. I told the guy there's nothing we can do and he was okay with it and understood.
Shoot, another one stuck on a high priced Med Sup that can’t get off. That’s the risk with OM and a Med Sup. Can’t always switch if you want to.

I think there are other products that you don’t have to ask any health questions and premiums have stayed steady for about 15 years and would cover his Meds way better. Maybe put him on your calendar to revisit this October 15th?

Aflac is under Aetna,

Are your writing any Aflac ? I’m at 30% commission on Aflac sup . I was automatically put on that with a 130% fe contract . My friend at 142% fe at 33% med sup I believe . Hell they could pull out at any time if things get tough or close the block of business and sky rates

Are your writing any Aflac ? I’m at 30% commission on Aflac sup . I was automatically put on that with a 130% fe contract . My friend at 142% fe at 33% med sup I believe . Hell they could pull out at any time if things get tough or close the block of business and sky rates

I did a couple AEP

Not actively doing buis now going through some rebranding hierarchy change now so not writing much anything at the moment

Back