Cost of Being Underinsured: His Right Arm

The bottom line is every plan every one of us sell has multiple holes one way or the other. There is no perfect plan - and let's not forget about the worst plan of all - the one that is so expensive no one buys it.

Okay, I'll bite, what expensive plan are you alluding to?

Again it goes back to STANDARDIZED individual plans such as A to Z, it really is a great idea to help the consumer know what MINIMUM coverages they are buying. I am not saying mandate standardization, but make it optional.

No argument there. People have the misconception that you cannot put a price on life. Unfortunately, you can and have to due to the population growth, economy and advances in technology.

100+ years ago people thought that you should drain your blood in order to rid yourself of an ailment. Now, we have the ability to log onto a website, type in some information and BAM, Mr. Customer, we expect you live until your 73. It's amazing how far we've come in the last 100 years.

haha....the point is all policy's have their limits and as an agent its your responsibility to look at every angle to help get your clients claims payed....just this last year I had a client that had a heart attack and the $1,200 ambulance was processed out of network so he called me on what to do.....I told him to call the company and ask what ambulance service was in his network....he calls back and says they told him none.....soooooo....I told him to send in a appeal for this claim that you have in network ambulance coverage but was told no one contracted for the services you are charging me for....and the fact that it was a life and death situation and it is in your policy that if you can not reasonably make it to a network provider that the out of network charge should be counted as a in network claim..they did as he requested and said he sure knew alot about his policy.....smartass's...

I don't see the difference here in your comment or mine, since they're the same thing.

Let me see if I got this straight.

Aetna used a repo man to take back his arm?

No, it wasn't a repo guy. It was the guy from the prosthesis supplier who initially fitted his arm. According to the article, the guy was embarrassed and upset that he had to reclaim the artificial arm. Also, he was the one who contacted Aetna to lodge a complaint.

Back