Cross-Selling Hospital Indemnity to MA Tips

Andrew_CX

What percentage of your Medicare Advantage clients do you typically cross-sell a hospital indemnity plan to?
Do clients usually inquire about it themselves, or do you bring it up? Also, do you discuss HIP during the initial sale on the Scope of Appointment (SOA), or do you typically introduce it afterward?

What percentage of your Medicare Advantage clients do you typically cross-sell a hospital indemnity plan to?
Do clients usually inquire about it themselves, or do you bring it up? Also, do you discuss HIP during the initial sale on the Scope of Appointment (SOA), or do you typically introduce it afterward?
No client is going to ask you about a hip plan. They don't know that any such thing exists.

I don't do medicare f2f. All virtual. I email the soa with all the boxes checked along with a profile form. Drs, drugs, etc. Absolutely no sales pitch before I get all that back.

Once I get that back, I send them a chart that breaks down the differences between a supplement and MA. It's part of my 101. After all that, if they want the MA, I break out the hip plan. Every time.

I don't keep track but I'd say about 75% or more take it.

But the takeaway on all of this is that you need to be in charge. Never wait for a client or prospect to bring up anything.

No client is going to ask you about a hip plan. They don't know that any such thing exists.

I don't do medicare f2f. All virtual. I email the soa with all the boxes checked along with a profile form. Drs, drugs, etc. Absolutely no sales pitch before I get all that back.

Once I get that back, I send them a chart that breaks down the differences between a supplement and MA. It's part of my 101. After all that, if they want the MA, I break out the hip plan. Every time.

But the takeaway on all of this is that you need to be in charge. Never wait for a client or prospect to bring up anything.
I'm almost all f2f

If they aren't on medicaid, and new to medicare. they all hear about HI

I'd agree it's probably about 75% who take it.

And as I'm reading UHC thread, I'm thinking more opportunity ahead for HI.

What's the typical % commission on HI?

Do you bring it up during the presentation or after the mapd enrollment is completed? Both?

Here’s the new trick . Many of the older mapd plans even 2/3 years ago at 5 days at $300 to match the mapd . Many of those copays for 2025 are $380-$400 at 7 days . This yr I’m selling all at $400 a day at 7 days to cover most of any future costs . Honestly with drastically cut benefits and copy’s skying I’m thinking a plan N with pdp a better deal going forward for some that have the income means

I've never been a fan of HI, I feel like if they can afford a HI, they can afford a supplement plan. Plus all the stuff Ive heard about people having policies for a decade or more and then the company goes defunct and now they cant get a policy, or its too expensive. I want less stress and less angry people, not more. My personal opinion, YMMV.

Back