Cross-Selling Hospital Indemnity to MA Tips

I've never been a fan of HI, I feel like if they can afford a HI, they can afford a supplement plan. Plus all the stuff Ive heard about people having policies for a decade or more and then the company goes defunct and now they cant get a policy, or its too expensive. I want less stress and less angry people, not more. My personal opinion, YMMV.
I get at least 1 hospital bill sent to me a week from our local Hospital for my clients that have a HI plan. Premium is around $27.00 but now they have their hospital copay covered if it should happen and even though they got reimbursed the $1750.00 from GTL it still goes towards their max oop for the year. Now they have a drug plan, dental, vision, health, gym, OTC for $27.00/month and don't have to worry about a large hospital copay. Has worked wonderfully since about 2008 or so and have never raised premiums, in fact they just raised a bunch of my clients daily benefit in the last year for no additional premium.

I've never been a fan of HI, I feel like if they can afford a HI, they can afford a supplement plan. Plus all the stuff Ive heard about people having policies for a decade or more and then the company goes defunct and now they cant get a policy, or it’s too expensive. I want less stress and less angry people, not more. My personal opinion, YMMV.
Assuming they’re 65-67ish, HIPs are like $30 a month and with the ones I sell the premiums don’t increase. $30 is a lot less than $150 …

I've never been a fan of HI, I feel like if they can afford a HI, they can afford a supplement plan. Plus all the stuff Ive heard about people having policies for a decade or more and then the company goes defunct and now they cant get a policy, or its too expensive. I want less stress and less angry people, not more. My personal opinion, YMMV.
THIS.

But I know its state specific, too.

Here’s the new trick . Many of the older mapd plans even 2/3 years ago at 5 days at $300 to match the mapd . Many of those copays for 2025 are $380-$400 at 7 days . This yr I’m selling all at $400 a day at 7 days to cover most of any future costs . Honestly with drastically cut benefits and copy’s skying I’m thinking a plan N with pdp a better deal going forward for some that have the income means
I always do 400/100 loaded with cancer plan

I have many ask to add more like accident

Yes I realize my avg premium for that is much higher at around 80 month, but I don't skimp. They get it and to date, not many fall off.

I'm sure I'll get told "oh if they can afford that...yada" But tell that to them when there premium is $430 month which I see alot and then the realize how much they couldve saved over the years as theyre fairly healthy and doubtfully wouldve ever hit MOOP over 15 yrs.

Whatever....it's what I do. They get the options/ and THEY choose.

I always do 400/100 loaded with cancer plan

I have many ask to add more like accident

Yes I realize my avg premium for that is much higher at around 80 month, but I don't skimp. They get it and to date, not many fall off.

I'm sure I'll get told "oh if they can afford that...yada" But tell that to them when there premium is $430 month which I see alot and then the realize how much they couldve saved over the years as theyre fairly healthy and doubtfully wouldve ever hit MOOP over 15 yrs.

Whatever....it's what I do. They get the options/ and THEY choose.
An average 80 a month is stupid high. Good for your wallet, for sure, but there’s no way in hell that most of your clients Need that amount of HIP, even with the cancer rider.

An average 80 a month is stupid high. Good for your wallet, for sure, but there’s no way in hell that most of your clients Need that amount of HIP, even with the cancer rider.
Esp when theres a claim--they sure aren't complaining. And I have to say GTL been super good on claims. Better than some years past

I'm a very huge fan of cancer plans. When you see it every stinking week it's a must at least show the plan. If I didn't I wouldn't be a good agent now would I? Those med supps don't pay for gas/groceries/lodging

Esp when theres a claim.

I'm a very huge fan of cancer plans. When you see it every stinking week it's a must at least show the plan. If I didn't I wouldn't be a good agent now would I? Those med supps don't pay for gas/groceries/lodging
I love ancillary products and I love the comp. I also know it’s easy to get carried away. Guide your clients to an appropriate amount of coverage, not something you can convince them to pay for. An average 80 per HIP = overinsured.

I love ancillary products and I love the comp. I also know it’s easy to get carried away. Guide your clients to an appropriate amount of coverage, not something you can convince them to pay for. An average 80 per HIP = overinsured.
Thanks Walter. I respect your opinion. And my clients respect mine.

Latest posts

Back