CSG Quoting - Not Always Accurate.

This may not be the case with your quote but one time I ran a quote with Anthem and it was wrong but actually not really CSGs fault.

The zip code spanned 2 counties and it defaulted to the first. The 2nd county option was where the person lived. Had to manually tell CSG which county as it doesn't ask by default since most do zip code based.

Can't remember if Humana is zip or county.

The CSG quoter makes quite a few mistakes on FE also. More than it should for the price we pay. We make it available free for all our agents for all states and it isn’t cheap. They need to be on top of it a little more.

WinoBlues said:

I thought you were married. My wife brings up chit that happened before we met!

Me or Somarco? I'm not married.

Dr. Phil says, "women have a very long memory and never forget anything." Gotta be your wife!

They seem to be late in pulling the trigger on rate changes, new plans and new carriers.

But other than that . . .

On more than one occasion I have quoted a rate then while preparing the application I notice the carrier has a higher rate. I notify CSG and the response is:

Have not received new rates from carrier
Carrier waiting on DOI approval
Are you sure you input the data correctly?

Pick one.

And on a few occasions I picked the wrong county where the zip crosses into 5 different counties. So they are not always to blame.

Had folks asking for HDG rates as early as September. I believe they only had one carrier rates loaded. Since then a few more are showing up but there have been situations where I can get rates from the carrier but nowhere to be found on CSG.

I don't normally pursue new carriers but will look on CSG when notified a new carrier coming into GA.

Last week was told Capital Life was entering the state with the typical low rates, big discounts, bonus dollars, trips . . . everything a guy or gal could want.

Went to CSG. Capital nowhere to be found.

Oh well. Probably don't need another carrier anyway. And who wants to contract during AEP?

somarco said:

Last week was told Capital Life was entering the state with the typical low rates, big discounts, bonus dollars, trips . . . everything a guy or gal could want.

Went to CSG. Capital nowhere to be found.

Capital's rates are loaded on CSG in my area and appear to be competitive. Whether the rates are accurate is another story. But yesterday was the first time I can honestly say I ever ran into an issue..

Oh well. Probably don't need another carrier anyway.

I thought you didn't write carriers until they've been around for several years and have a history?

Back