DEADBEAT 'Dad' and paying his Life Insurance Policy ?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a friend who's daughter was knocked up by Deadbeat (DB). She wants to buy life insurance on the creep with her Grand-daughter as beneficiary.

QUESTION; Since the DB has a history of petty crime, what would happen if DB was murdered --- would the insurance pay or not?

NOTE; I didn't say Dad was committing a crime (in that scenario), I'm just saying (because of his nefarious company),...anything could happen.
  • THOUGHTS/comments?
Thanks for the input...!

I have a friend who's daughter was knocked up by Deadbeat (DB). She wants to buy life insurance on the creep with her Grand-daughter as beneficiary.

QUESTION; Since the DB has a history of petty crime, what would happen if DB was murdered --- would the insurance pay or not?

NOTE; I didn't say Dad was committing a crime (in that scenario), I'm just saying (because of his nefarious company),...anything could happen.
  • THOUGHTS/comments?
Thanks for the input...!
If the company issues the policy, assuming no fraud with application the company would pay. There is no exclusion on a life policy for criminal activity.if the plan had an AD rider, the accudental death would not pay if he died during t he commission of a felony.

Reactions: DHK
There is no exclusion on a life policy for criminal activity.

5. The cause of death was excluded by the policy​

Life insurance policies typically have a two-year exclusionary period for suicide, so your beneficiary typically would receive whatever you paid in premiums, but not the policy's face value. So-called "suicide clauses" vary by insurer and are designed to discourage people from buying life insurance when contemplating suicide.

Another caveat: If you're killed while committing a crime, the claim might be denied.

And last, if you don't disclose to your insurer when you apply for a policy that you have a high-risk hobby, such as sky-diving or auto racing, and you die while doing it, your insurer may decline the claim.

Back