Delivery Service - Commercial Auto - Prior Claims

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
This prospect has 1 vehicle & 3 drivers. He was a mover doing long distance moves & apparently has got out of that. He's now doing deliveries for department stores in a 75 mile radius. He's being non-renewed by Progressive because (he says..) he was traveling to FL and other states which is too far. He coincidentally has a horrific loss run where one of his drivers just killed somebody. Anyway..

1.) GMAC is giving & premium & says they'll write it. They claim to only care about the driving history of the drivers now.

2.) I'm guessing NO standard carrier would touch this?

This prospect has 1 vehicle & 3 drivers. He was a mover doing long distance moves & apparently has got out of that. He's now doing deliveries for department stores in a 75 mile radius. He's being non-renewed by Progressive because (he says..) he was traveling to FL and other states which is too far. He coincidentally has a horrific loss run where one of his drivers just killed somebody. Anyway.. 1.) GMAC is giving & premium & says they'll write it. They claim to only care about the driving history of the drivers now. 2.) I'm guessing NO standard carrier would touch this?

Most preferred are not interested in one vehicle on a commercial auto policy, I know Travelers is looking for four in most cases. You said you have AM Trust and give them a shot. I know my carrier would take one car on commercial but would question why I wrote it with that history.

Yeah it needs to go Assigned Risk & I've never done that (nor am I willing to learn..) so I ushered him on his way.

Back