Dialer Vs Online

ghealthplus

Expert
What do you all think is the best ROI..Using a dialer or marketing online? This would be from experience you all are having? Thanks for your feedback;)

Let's see....

Geico, Progressive, e-surance, and most health carriers all supplement their online marketing with call centers. In fact, nobody made a profit online till they added call centers.

Not sure, there is probably a message in there somewhere.

Actually, a small challenge.... find anyone who is successful at an all online insurance brokerage and I'll buy you lunch. Successful is defined as profitable for 3 years without chasing people on the phone. Lunch will be a double cheeseburger at McDonals, limited time offer. (value $1, tax not included, 1099 will be sent.... hey, I said it was a SMALL challenge).

Dan

Thanks for the input..My question is what is a better ROI..using an autodialer and buying leads or marketing your website to get leads?

So you're real question is which has a better ROI? Buying leads from a web lead provider or getting leads from your own website?

If I understand, you will pursue them the same, the dialer has nothing to do with the question?

Or are you talking about buying call lists and cold calling a bunch of numbers vs web leads from your own website?

So, in either case, the bottom line is you do what makes you money. Different people work different ways. Calls can be great. Or not. Web leads are what they are. Can you close them?

Dan

Hi Dan..The reason for the dialer would be to reach the people. Many people don't answer the phone. Online website marketing my understanding is your own lead..unless of course they go to multiple sites. What is your experience reagrding the lead game..What is best ROI? Thanks

eHealth also runs a phone bank, 7 days a week. The number is 1-800-977-8860.

In fact, from eHealth:
eHealth currently employs more than 300 people.
eHealth has a dedicated Customer Care Center located in Gold River, Calif. with more than 100 employees. Of them, more than 50 full-time health insurance-licensed employees are available by phone to counsel, answer questions and help consumers find the most appropriate insurance for themselves, their family, and/or their employees.

Again, they have a crew to work the phones for questions. This is similar (though smaller) than what Geico, Progressive and esurance have all done.

Dan

Yeah, I worded it poorly, so I owe you a double cheeseburger. I'll send you a McDonalds Gift Certificate for $1.00, but I need the info for the 1099.

Since the OP was asking about calls vs online marketing, my point was that online marketing by itself isn't effective, people want to talk to someone. This holds true even after years of online insurance transactions.

I got into this business thinking I could do it all online. I've learned the hard way that it doesn't work as easy as it sounds.

Dan

Back