Did I make the right recommendation?

jack3454

Super Genius
Met a person who is T65. Their mom and dad both had cancer. They are obese, has congenital heart disease, had kidney failure in the past that they recovered from, has diabetes and cellulitis. On 8 meds.

I recommended a med supp due to the above issues. With Part B, Supp, and Part D plan they're looking at $380. Add monthly drug cost, they're at $546 or $6552 per year.

I'm questioning myself because there are a few MAPD plans that would be no premium, $6000 MOOP, and the drug costs are $82 a month or $1k/year on MAPD. They would be spending more than the MOOP with the supplement route every year. Im wondering if it would be better to just change to MAPD, save the $6k/year and save it until its needed. Thoughts?

First of all, Jack, it is never your choice to make. Thoroughly explain both options and ask the person how they wish to proceed. You also shouldn't factor in the Part B cost because that gets paid no matter what he or she chooses.

Is this for one person or two? It sounds like one person turning 65 but you say they and their a lot.

Back