Digital Senior Benefits - do they take agents back?

wxwatcher

I know Jeff and Nic are here so this is a question for them but also for others who are current agents or recent agents with this IMO.

Here's the situation...

I was an agent with them a few years ago and initially had immediate and significant success using, believe it or not, their facebook leads. After a while they started phasing out these leads and I was forced to purchase other leads that they procured in-house. In this industry you have to be willing and able to adapt to change so I marched forward and adapted. I used a few types of their other in-house leads and though I did find some success here and there, I just never could get on solid footing. Then they started their TV commercial leads and I was closing around 20%-25% of them - which was great. Problem was these leads were obviously expensive and then the cost increased steadily. Compounding this was a terrible stretch of three or four months of mostly chargebacks from previous business I wrote. All my money was going towards paying those chargebacks and I was barely breaking even each month. My morale was at rock bottom and that affected my motivation, which resulted in me viewing work as a chore and no longer exciting. After a few months of this I decided to throw in the towel and began working for a national life insurance broker.

Since then I've found what works and doesn't work for me but I do still have some slight challenges with final expense - though final expense is what I truly love. I've sold nearly 4,000 term policies and roughly 100 final expense policies (only two carriers to choose from with my employer for FE, though) over the past few years and though I love my current position, I can't help but wonder how I'd do with DSB again, now that I've learned and gotten better.

My question is mostly for other agents who have recently worked with them or currently are -- what's the quality truly like when it comes to their TV commercial leads? Does the quality of these leads vary greatly or is it actually solid and steady quality? What about the lead price? Has it continuously gone up or have those prices plateaued for the most part? Is it an IMO that you would recommend to a family member or are you just bidding time until the next best thing comes along for you? Before I decide to go and ask them for my job back, I'd like to get actual candid advice and info from current and recent past agents - whether they enjoyed it or hate it. I'm too old to play the cat and mouse games that so many IMO's play with their agents and want stability and a future. Is that possible nowadays with DSB or should I stick to where I am now? I signed a non-compete with my current employer but I've already paid an employment attorney in my state lots of money to review it and he basically told me it's not enforceable since I signed it before I officially became an employee so that's not going to be an issue.

Thanks in advance!

They’re not my clients. I work for a broker, not independent. Looking to go back independent again if the right opportunity presents itself, though. That’s why I’m asking about DSB. They were decent but I started to get the sense they were selling low quality leads towards the end with the way their leads started trending down in quality so much. Wondering if they’ve figured it out yet or not.

Last edited:
They’re not my clients. I work for a broker, not independent. Looking to go back independent again if the right opportunity presents itself, though. That’s why I’m asking about DSB. They were decent but I started to get the sense they were selling BS towards the end with the way their leads started trending down in quality so much. Wondering if they’ve figured it out yet or not.
Just reach out to Jeff/Nic directly.

I know a lot of guys in their system that work it with success.

I would still view those clients as mine. Do not try to solicit those clients inside your non-compete. You may win but court is really expensive and your broker probably has more money to wait you out.

Go with DSB and then go back after those term clients once your non-compete has expired. That book is worth 6 figs with just the names/contact info/policy info (again, assuming you don't violate your contract)

Dude. You have 4100 clients and you're still buying leads?

Please institute a referral system and a touch system.

You are 100% set with all of the activity you need if you learn to work your book.

This.

They’re not my clients.

They are going to call you. They know you not the agency.

with just the names/contact info/policy info (again, assuming you don't violate your contract)

And the all important personal notes. From job, family, to their dogs names.

Somehow, I missed this. Yes, we take agents back. Things keep changing here (for the better) as well. Yes, TV is still #1 for us for final expense, but our commercials have changed to open the conversation for term as well. We're now training/selling lots of term in addition to final expense to our TV leads.

Also new:

1. Our IUL platform where our leads are telling us how much they want to put into a cash value policy every month (they're pre-educated) for less than $30/ea. This is going really well - 75% of agents have written over $20k of target in the last 30 days.

2. Our ACA platform is better than any platform on the market. I bet we have the fastest growing independent ACA agents out there. One agent started in November 2022 and has over 3,000 members enrolled already.

3. Our resources and live chat had a significant upgrage.

And there's a couple new FE lead programs launching in the next 30-60 days. Lots has improved.

Lastly, most DigitalBGA agent partners don't check this forum. I wouldn't expect a response here.

Somehow, I missed this. Yes, we take agents back. Things keep changing here (for the better) as well. Yes, TV is still #1 for us for final expense, but our commercials have changed to open the conversation for term as well. We're now training/selling lots of term in addition to final expense to our TV leads.

Also new:

1. Our IUL platform where our leads are telling us how much they want to put into a cash value policy every month (they're pre-educated) for less than $30/ea. This is going really well - 75% of agents have written over $20k of target in the last 30 days.

2. Our ACA platform is better than any platform on the market. I bet we have the fastest growing independent ACA agents out there. One agent started in November 2022 and has over 3,000 members enrolled already.

3. Our resources and live chat had a significant upgrage.

And there's a couple new FE lead programs launching in the next 30-60 days. Lots has improved.

Lastly, most DigitalBGA agent partners don't check this forum. I wouldn't expect a response here.

What’s your Aca platform ? Is it no call leads like many advertising or do you actually talk and enroll each client ?How are you capturing the new consent you must get ? Are the agents directly contracted with all carriers who allow direct contracting and are they getting street commission and being paid direct ?What’s the min states to be licensed in? How much you charging for leads ?I’ve not seem one aca vendor sustain aca leads for long .I guess there’s a ton of unemployed people or people already on Medicaid . I know a lot of people making good money selling Aca and it’s a super quick and easy sale.Unless you know how to do Facebook leads yourself it’s hard to generate substantial sales .That said I’ve written many 100’s the last few yrs and persistency is not good . People get jobs , understate there income and have to pay subsidy back . It’s all about vol and you you need a lead system

Last edited:
What’s your Aca platform ? Is it no call leads like many advertising or do you actually talk and enroll each client ?How are you capturing the new consent you must get ? Are the agents directly contracted with all carriers who allow direct contracting and are they getting street commission and being paid direct ?What’s the min states to be licensed in? How much you charging for leads ?I’ve not seem one aca vendor sustain aca leads for long .I guess there’s a ton of unemployed people or people already on Medicaid . I know a lot of people making good money selling Aca and it’s a super quick and easy sale.Unless you know how to do Facebook leads yourself it’s hard to generate substantial sales .That said I’ve written many 100’s the last few yrs and persistency is not good . People get jobs , understate there income and have to pay subsidy back . It’s all about vol and you you need a lead system

SailCRM.io is the platform we built (it's built on GoHighLevel)

You can technically "no call" the leads that complete a consent form with signature and an application link we send out (gathering SS# as well) and just enroll them, but that's not what we train on. It's not a "no call" platform.

The automation pipeline looks like this: New Lead > Consent > Application> SSN> Bonus Info.

We also have a referral and retention pipeline post enrollment.

We customize every agent's CRM so the consent links and enrollment/application links are coming from the agent's brand and website (you just need to register any URL for $15/annually). 3% of our leads get to the complete application stage with NO phone calls. Just our automated text/email campaigns. That's the baseline and the call activity on top of that is what will get you to enroll 8%-10%+ of these leads

Leads are $2 for DigitalBGA agents. $3 for agents outside of DigitalBGA. These are real time and exclusive. We generate them outside of Facebook using programmatic advertising targeting low income in the ACA friendly states where medicaid doesn't effect biz.

Agents are directly contracted at street and paid directly by the carriers who allow it. However agents don't need to be contracted with us to use our system - just pay the $97/mo and use your own contracts if you want. The only thing you'll miss out on are our 2x week Zoom trainings and cheaper leads.

Thanks Jeff! I will give it consideration and to tell you the truth, I’ve considered getting into the ACA field lately. I forgot your IMO is involved in it so this is positive news for me. Is there a specific requirement to stay enrolled in the ACA plan with you (minimum lead orders, minimum close rate, etc)?

Back