Direct Mail Questions

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
Does anyone here actually do their own direct mail? By that I mean handle the printing and mailing themselves as well as have all the responses returned back to them. I am interested in hearing from those who are doing this, or who have tried doing it, and what exactly is involved to get up and running.

I've done it. But not BRC's. They just had my info on it to give me a call. Get anywhere from 1-5 calls per 1k sent. Very time consuming and the saving was very minimal IMO

Why do it yourself when you can outsource it SO inexpensively? I mean really, when you are talking about saving pennies, is it worth it when that is time you could be out there selling? You know what I mean?

Why do it yourself when you can outsource it SO inexpensively? I mean really, when you are talking about saving pennies, is it worth it when that is time you could be out there selling? You know what I mean?

Not worried about saving pennies per se, just looking at getting the returns faster is all.

Not worried about saving pennies per se, just looking at getting the returns faster is all.

When I used DM earlier this year I was getting responses back within 10 days, sometimes 6-7days. I'm not sure how much faster you can get them back doing it on your own but that was fast enough for me.

Does anyone here actually do their own direct mail? By that I mean handle the printing and mailing themselves as well as have all the responses returned back to them. I am interested in hearing from those who are doing this, or who have tried doing it, and what exactly is involved to get up and running.

Jimmy Ut,

The process to do your own direct mail campaign is very simple and straight forward.

You could start from scratch on Monday morning and begin receiving responses (leads) directly from the prospects four days later on Friday of the same week.

There is no special equipment needed for 1,500 to 2,000 direct mail pieces per week. You can do that on any laptop and with just about any $100 printer.

You will save $30 to $100 per thousand pieces mailed, depending on several factors, including your set up, your mail piece choice, your data and the prices your existing mail house charges.

You will then be able to mail to who you want, when you want and say what you want.

Whether or not that is better than paying a mailhouse to do that for you is another matter.

Buy envelopes with your return address. Buy a letterhead. Find a computer that has word. Print your vision on the letterhead. Send out mail in a timely manner and be consistant. Most importantly, follow-up with the mail and call that person.If you have that contact info ofcourse.

-Bob

www.thirdlakefinancialcorporation.com

I do direct mailing to B2B.

For me to mail something out it has to go to the person in charge of employee benefits. So I am unable to use a service to do this for me.

The Services will BS you and say they have the contacts but when you start calling it turns out to be the wrong name.

I first call to see who the contact person is.
Then I mail info to that contact person and then i call them.

I might end up closing 1%.

Jimmy Ut,

The process to do your own direct mail campaign is very simple and straight forward.

You could start from scratch on Monday morning and begin receiving responses (leads) directly from the prospects four days later on Friday of the same week.

There is no special equipment needed for 1,500 to 2,000 direct mail pieces per week. You can do that on any laptop and with just about any $100 printer.

You will save $30 to $100 per thousand pieces mailed, depending on several factors, including your set up, your mail piece choice, your data and the prices your existing mail house charges.

You will then be able to mail to who you want, when you want and say what you want.

Whether or not that is better than paying a mailhouse to do that for you is another matter.

Are you saying, you do the mailings yourself, and by-pass the mailhouse?????

Back