Direct Mailing Companies

$335 has been the low ball # ive been hearing lately too. Not sure which company though. Mark or anyone else do most of these companies provide response rate info for counties/zip codes an agent is looking at mailing to? If so that would be extremely helpful.

It's been a long time since I have had direct mail cards sent out for Medicare Supplements. So long that I don't even remember the name of the company I had do it.

Of the ones posted above I just looked at Lead Strategies website. The two lead cards they show are almost word for word like the ones that were being sent out ten or more years ago. In my opinion they were not that effective then and I suspect they are not now either.

The one thing that really caught my attention though was the note at the top of the lead cards. It gave an age range and suggested an income starting at $20,000. In my opinion that is way too high.

When I order a list I set the income level starting at $12,000. There are a whole lot of people between $12,000 and $20,000 who they are ignoring. I would venture to say that a lot of my clients fall in that category.

One other thing I have not seen addressed when agents talk about having direct mail pieces sent out. When I use to do it I always requested a list of the people along with their b-date and phone number who they send the cards to.

I wanted to know who the cards were sent to so I could contact the ones who didn't respond if I wanted to. Receiving a list of the people they sent the cards to makes spending that much money for a 1.5% return a little more justifiable.

The reason I don't spend the money to have direct mail pieces sent out anymore for Medicare Supplements is because I discovered that I would make more sales calling from the list than I would calling the few people who returned the cards.

However, I give good phone.:laugh:

I do / did.

Its ALL I use anymore.

- Referral Contests
- Cross Selling
- Prospecting

If anyone wants some effective ideas to market to business owners - where you're piece is almost guaranteed 99% to be Opened & Read by the business owner, and very memorable to them, Ive got a pretty effective system for P&C. Its a no brainer to use for Life / Health / DI - whatever you want really.

John Melchinger and I are talking about doing some Key Man Life /DI and Biz Continuation cards in certain geo codes. [ reminds me - need to get back with him]

Did a webinar with about 100 agents a while back and recorded it. My good friend and marketing guru David Frey presented some pretty killer stuff. Worth a few minutes of your time to be sure ;)

www 4morereferrals DOT com/webinar

Have any of you have tried to developed your own cards ?
And track the success rates? Curious

In Missouri I believe that what is said on the card must be approved by the DOI before sending them out. I'm not sure if it is that way in other states or not.

If the information does have to be approved I understand that it is a long process and pretty much of a pain in the ass.

I do / did.

Its ALL I use anymore.

- Referral Contests
- Cross Selling
- Prospecting

If anyone wants some effective ideas to market to business owners - where you're piece is almost guaranteed 99% to be Opened & Read by the business owner, and very memorable to them, Ive got a pretty effective system for P&C. Its a no brainer to use for Life / Health / DI - whatever you want really.

John Melchinger and I are talking about doing some Key Man Life /DI and Biz Continuation cards in certain geo codes. [ reminds me - need to get back with him]

Did a webinar with about 100 agents a while back and recorded it. My good friend and marketing guru David Frey presented some pretty killer stuff. Worth a few minutes of your time to be sure ;)

www 4morereferrals DOT com/webinar

Can't view the webinar without a password.

Web site is long-winded sales pitch.

Forgot I changed it to protect because some stuff I didnt want showing up in google - was.

Password for agents: 4morenews

All the protected content can be viewed with that password for the month of Feb.

Sorry for the omission.

If you cant get some solid referral ideas from the FREE newsletter, the FREE webinar, and the marketing piece image gallery - ALL FREE ... then you're going to need more than LEADS and Postcards to make it in this business.

The cheapest I can get a mailing out the door is 0.35 per piece doing it myself, and that's 4500 postcards.

If you only want to send 1,000 at a time, and they can do it for 0.45 each, I would use one of the companies Mark mentions.

I called 3 companies that offer me $335 for 1000 mailing right off the bat and I got them to even go lower then that. But I want to hear from people that say they are working for them before I try or offer any of them.

I wonder what kind of responses people are really getting? I would think 1/2 of 1% or less.

Back