DME Contracting Question

DME Provider

Hello,
I'm brand new to the forum and represent a dme company with consistently the lowest out of pocket costs to members when compared to other companies offering the same product. When a company contracts with us, their members normally save $2-3000 per transaction. The problem is that our business model is somewhat 'outside the box', and while we have been successful contracting with many insurance companies, most contracting/credentialing departments seem to reject us because we are somewhat of a square peg.
We know that our service brings much added value to the members, my question is: Who outside of contracting/credentialing in a health insurance company has a vested interest in member cost reduction, in turn policy retention?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, that's what I'm saying because there is no medicare coverage provided for our product. And thanks for getting back to me!

We know that our service brings much added value to the members, my question is: Who outside of contracting/credentialing in a health insurance company has a vested interest in member cost reduction, in turn policy retention?

Um, let me guess! :eek:

INSURANCE AGENTS!!!

Tell us more...

No, we're not selling insurance agents. I don't think they fall under DME :D Sorry. We are a hearing aid provider.

OK, so it sounds like you are looking for people that could promote your hearing aids. Who has a lot of clients that might need hearing aids, works with them closely with respect to health issues, but routinely has to tell them that hearing aids are not covered by their insurance....

As stated above, let's hear your product pitch. Although I'm a newbie to the forum, I think it might have to end up in the Offers section.

I apologize in advance if I'm reading in-between the lines incorrectly...

"No, we're not selling insurance agents."
What exactly are you saying here? It sounds like you're saying you're insurance agents but not selling insurance. I know more than a few struggling insurance agents who are trying to make it selling DME. Then they try to cross sell insurance.

We are a hearing aid retailer based in the US. While our company doesn't have company owned locations in 50 states, we have downstream contracted hearing professionals in 50 states to perform hearing tests, delivery, fitting and aftercare. With the nature of digital, programmable hearing aids, we have the ability to do 'in house' programming and ship directly to patients, but manufacturers require a face to face delivery, so we delivery through our contracted network.
The fact that we do volume enables us to sell the product at significantly reduced cost, on average about $2000 per pair vs most other options for the same name brands.
What I meant by the question is, what title or position in an insurance company is responsible for member cost reduction and member retention. Meaning who outside of contracting and credentialing actually cares about cost reduction and member retention? That is the person that we need to make our presentation to, not to contracting and credentialing who tend to be "in the box" and are unable to push through something that is outside the box.

----------

And y'all rock for being willing to help!

Back