Do Any Captives Use Noodle

vtinsurguy

Do any captives use Insurance Noodle to write policies that they can't write with their captive company? I am looking for a way to keep customers and income without my captive company knowing. thanks

Do any captives use Insurance Noodle to write policies that they can't write with their captive company? I am looking for a way to keep customers and income without my captive company knowing. thanks

IMPOSSIBLE to keep it a secret... They may never look, but if they do your appointments will be on the DOI's website for all to see.

I don't think Insurance Noodle or Superior Access show up as official appointments. I asked when I signed up and they said State Farm and Nationwide agents use them.

I wish I would have known that when I was captive I would have already had a book to jump to as an independent!

Many captives have wives that are appointed with various carriers. Not sure why....

Some captives (a dying breed, I think) are captive only through first right of refusal. They are free to put the business elsewhere if the captive company doesn't want it.

Dan

Captive Guy, Do you use Insurance noodle or Superior Access? Also, if you do, what has your experience been? thanks

Captive Guy, Do you use Insurance noodle or Superior Access? Also, if you do, what has your experience been? thanks

I started with Superior Access in February they are decent but it takes 24 hours to bind as you do not have binding authority or access to carrier quoting sites. I signed up because starting out I have one main preferred carrier and 3 substandad carriers.

Superior makes up for the gaps and if I ever want a direct Safeco or Travelers appointment I can roll the business. I would try to get one main preferred carrier then use Superior or Noodle for a year or so until you can add the other carriers directly.

Have they gotten "that" fast ? It used to take them over a week (sometimes couple of weeks) in the past (not that long ago)

It sometimes feels like an eternity but yeah when I submit for a firm quote I get the application back the next business day for peronal lines. All of the carriers have an advanced quote discount so the effective date is normally 8+ days from the quote date which gives me plenty of time for Superior to get back to me.

They are my back up plan really I'm getting an appointment with a preferred carrier but I like having options.

Back