Does Anybody else Think This Pushes the Limits?

hmmm, I wonder why sites such as these aren't getting similar letters:

gohealthinsurance.com
healthinsurancesort.com
vimo.com

etc.

they are clearly ALL issuing invitations to apply for insurance, yet I doubt ANY of them are licensed agents or agencies!

In fact, here is the actual "disclaimer" from healthinsurancesort:
health insurance sort.com provides a free service and is not an insurer or agency

hmmmm

Last edited:
I have switched LOADS of clients from Assurant on this new plan-Its basically an indemnity plan that looks like it has no limitations with low rates-people don't realize what they are buying-so I make sure I call as an interested agent, to follow up the following year-by wondering who they just signed with..when they say Assurant-its $0 Ded for $135 for loads of ppl, I tell them, that it sounds to good-and then just basically delve right into what they are and aren't getting coverage for...and there it goes, another satisfied client, found with horrible coverage, switched to a regular health plan..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyways, yes it is definitely misleading

Last edited:
I believe you "could" go after any domain name with "exchange" in it as being deceptive. It would be up to the insurance departments to ascertain whether or not they are in violation of marketing rules.

I submitted a complaint for local MD site to the MD DOI a few months back. It advertised that you could get quotes and apply for government plans. I never got a reply but the site's since been taken down.

Last edited:
Back