Does anyone Have Sound Advice?

Dmagnet

I have been very successful in sales and sales management for many years; however, I am new to insurance. Recently one of my good friends who I have known for 14 years told me about Senior Life Services. She has “worked“ for me at 3 different companies as an independent contractor. I know her level of integrity and I trust her implicitly.

She is currently one of their top agents and should make about $200k this year. I spent the day with her doing a ride along and spoke with the managing partner over the phone. She must have spoken pretty highly of me because he pretty much offered me a position over the phone. He even invited my wife and I out to dinner next week to discuss details and is speaking of management opportunities etc.

I just mentioned the company name to another good friend who I have also known for 14 years and he was very adamant about how bad this company is. Then I came to this site and saw more info regarding this company

I don't need to go into details. I already started to study for the life insurance test so am invested. I had already sat down with my wife and kids and they were so excited. I am very interested in getting into this business. I want to educate people and I know I can help them if I am armed with the proper tools.

Any thoughts? Should I attach myself to a firm or go independent? I want to learn this business as quickly as possible. I have a family that is relying on me and I intend on bringing a decent income in to take care of them.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Last edited:
I have been very successful in sales and sales management for many years; however, I am new to insurance. Recently one of my good friends who I have known for 14 years told me about Senior Life Services. She has “worked“ for me at 3 different companies as an independent contractor. I know her level of integrity and I trust her implicitly.

She is currently one of their top agents and should make about $200k this year. I spent the day with her doing a ride along and spoke with the managing partner over the phone. She must have spoken pretty highly of me because he pretty much offered me a position over the phone. He even invited my wife and I out to dinner next week to discuss details and is speaking of management opportunities etc.

I just mentioned the company name to another good friend who I have also known for 14 years and he was very adamant about how bad this company is. Then I came to this site and saw more info regarding this company

I don't need to go into details. I already started to study for the life insurance test so am invested. I had already sat down with my wife and kids and they were so excited. I am very interested in getting into this business. I want to educate people and I know I can help them if I am armed with the proper tools.

Any thoughts? Should I attach myself to a firm or go independent? I want to learn this business as quickly as possible. I ave a family that is relying on me and I intend on bringing a decent income in to take care of them.

There are much better routes to go than Senior Life.

You'll hear from the good ones in the open. If they PM you, it's because they have something to hide and know the Forum members will call them out. Good luck!

There are much better routes to go than Senior Life.

You'll hear from the good ones in the open. If they PM you, it's because they have something to hide and know the Forum members will call them out. Good luck!

Thank you for your feedback. Can you tell me which routes I should be looking at?

Any thoughts? Should I attach myself to a firm or go independent? I want to learn this business as quickly as possible. I have a family that is relying on me and I intend on bringing a decent income in to take care of them.

The "position" isn't a job. You won't be an employee. But you will be limited to writing their products. Not to rain on your parade, but most likely anyone with an insurance license can get a "position" there and anyone who can recruit can go into "management". That doesn't mean you aren't a quality person.

I'm not a final expense person, but there are several experienced FE people on the forum who will likely advise against Senior Life. Spend some time on the Final Expense section of the forum if that is the market you intend to work. You will get some valuable information. You'll have to weed through the back and forth banter, but there will be people who give you solid advice.

Thank you for your feedback. Can you tell me which routes I should be looking at?

Fexcontracting and 360 specialize in FE and both have many top agents that are on the Forum. There are several that mentor.

Last edited:
The "position" isn't a job. You won't be an employee. But you will be limited to writing their products. Not to rain on your parade, but most likely anyone with an insurance license can get a "position" there and anyone who can recruit can go into "management". That doesn't mean you aren't a quality person.

I'm not a final expense person, but there are several experienced FE people on the forum who will likely advise against Senior Life. Spend some time on the Final Expense section of the forum if that is the market you intend to work. You will get some valuable information. You'll have to weed through the back and forth banter, but there will be people who give you solid advice.

Thanks for your reply. I totally get that anything offered would be an IC 1099 position. I have no license yet. I am just a sales professional who understand how to sell in a consultative way and I want to do my due diligence before committing my time and energy to a company. I do not know enough about this industry to jump into this as an independent just yet.

I keep reading things like "find a good agency" and yet no one seems to mention any agency names. I am not adverse to being independent. I just want to learn the business first.

I will spend some time on the Final Expense section to see what resonates there.

----------

Fexcontracting and 360 specialize in FE and both have many top agents that are on the Forum. There are several that mentor. One is known as an "FE Rock Star". I'm sure they'll be commenting.

Thanks for responding to my question. I will take a look at both companies that you mentioned.

Thanks for your reply. I totally get that anything offered would be an IC 1099 position. I have no license yet. I am just a sales professional who understand how to sell in a consultative way and I want to do my due diligence before committing my time and energy to a company. I do not know enough about this industry to jump into this as an independent just yet.

I keep reading things like "find a good agency" and yet no one seems to mention any agency names. I am not adverse to being independent. I just want to learn the business first.

I will spend some time on the Final Expense section to see what resonates there.

----------

Thanks for responding to my question. I will take a look at both companies that you mentioned.

With both FMO's you'd be independent and have many carriers to offer. Fexcontracting is more for experienced agents, 360 offers training through their Four Horsemen.

Last edited:
The guy may be right most people have things to hide that PM ppl. I am 31 years old and have two different companies one is Allen Group insurance marketing. Insurance | Allen Group Insurance Marketing | Atlanta, GA 30318. Nothing special but it works for me. The contracts are the easy part. I understand marketing at least what works for me. I sell 10 a month while running my P&C business. I consider my self new school. I only have 5 agents and offere the higher street level direct contracts with all companies. $408 MAPD and 22% to 23% for Supps. That is amazing as far as commissions. Cant find any higher. You can go straight to my FMO if you want. seniormarketsales.com. They are huge and have great technology. But you will never get real trainging from these companies. All you will get is the same stuff. Send out mailers ETC. Anyway if you start with someone like me I can at least help you get started and if you want to leave me I will give you a release. Im in Downtown ATL. The business is easy. I got my dad selling 10 a month no problem. Hes retired and barley works. Jason 404-667-9849. Come to my office I will go over all the contracts and show you all the technology. You can make your own decidsion. I wont hide a thing and show you who I am under cause I have nothing to hide.

Back