Does Last App in Still Work During SEP?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I enrolled someone into AETNA for 12-1-16. Wellcare agent came after me and put the ENROLLEE for a 1-1-17 eff date using SEP-LIS. ENROLLEE wants to stay with same AETNA plan. I submit a 2nd Aetna app using the same SEP-LIS. Will the enrollee be back on Aetna for 1-1-17?

With That SEP (& Duel Eligible) you can make as many changes as he wants, Most other SEP would be 1 choice, Another exception to the lis is NY Epic which is also 1 choice

You do have to watch the app though, I once had a sliver script rejected due to already had a plan, Since It was submited close to effective date, & Silver Scriot takes forever to return calls and emails,And had not been ddelt with till after effective date they made me resubmit to get it issued

With most SEPs as long as the election has not gone into effect then it is still open. So fire in another app to Trump the sale.

See what I did there....

With most SEPs as long as the election has not gone into effect then it is still open. So fire in another app to Trump the sale.

I agree. I had a case s few years ago where my client, not knowing I offered MA, bought the wrong policy. We were able to "Trump" the first application because we got the second app in before the effective date.

This was during her IEP/ICEP.

This is not clearly stated in the AHIP or other material, I just stumbled upon this when I called the carrier and asked if she could 10 day free look the original app and not lose her right to buy another policy.

I had what I thought was a similar case this year. My client purchased a policy online. This time it was the same policy I would have recommended to him. I tried to become the BOR by submitting another application with my name on it before the AEP ended, but since the second application was for the same policy UHC would not accept it. (UHC won't process BORs.)

I agree. I had a case s few years ago where my client, not knowing I offered MA, bought the wrong policy. We were able to "Trump" the first application because we got the second app in before the effective date.

This was during her IEP/ICEP.

This is not clearly stated in the AHIP or other material, I just stumbled upon this when I called the carrier and asked if she could 10 day free look the original app and not lose her right to buy another policy.

I had what I thought was a similar case this year. My client purchased a policy online. This time it was the same policy I would have recommended to him. I tried to become the BOR by submitting another application with my name on it before the AEP ended, but since the second application was for the same policy UHC would not accept it. (UHC won't process BORs.)

For your IEP/ICEP example I'm assuming that the client had a full 7-month window and the apps were done within the first 3 months. I don't think this would apply in months 4-7.

For your IEP/ICEP example I'm assuming that the client had a full 7-month window and the apps were done within the first 3 months. I don't think this would apply in months 4-7.

I don't know the answer to that one.

Hopefully somebody else has had a relevant experience that they can share. I don't think the answer is in the AHIP study material.

I don't know the answer to that one.

Hopefully somebody else has had a relevant experience that they can share. I don't think the answer is in the AHIP study material.

*****UPDATE******

YES, it does work!! I completed the new application which wiped out the other application that was due to go effective on 1-1-17.

Back