Does Transamerica Have Plans to Leave the FE Market?

FEsalesNC

Expert
I have some limited experience in FE sales but recently accepted a captive position with Transamerica thinking I could benefit from the training and learn about additional products and concepts. I wanted to focus on FE though as my niche but now find out my agency seems to want to avoid FE like the plague.

So I'm wondering if TA is making longterm plans to exit the FE market??

Thanks.

I have some limited experience in FE sales but recently accepted a captive position with Transamerica thinking I could benefit from the training and learn about additional products and concepts. I wanted to focus on FE though as my niche but now find out my agency seems to want to avoid FE like the plague.

So I'm wondering if TA is making longterm plans to exit the FE market??

Thanks.

Some would question if they have ever been in FE.

I have some limited experience in FE sales but recently accepted a captive position with Transamerica thinking I could benefit from the training and learn about additional products and concepts. I wanted to focus on FE though as my niche but now find out my agency seems to want to avoid FE like the plague. So I'm wondering if TA is making longterm plans to exit the FE market?? Thanks.

The captive TransAmerica agents get killed trying to compete with FE brokers. They don't have a competitive product. I'm not even sure if they are allowed to sell the FE product at all because I usually see the non-guaranteed UL out of them.

But even if they have the FE product, it's only a good fit on limited cases. If an agent is going to sell FE or Med Sups successfully, he has to be independent. Not limited to any one company.

How much time or turnaround is one looking at if they decide to leave a captive appointment and go independent??

Could you essentially be writing independent business within a day or two?? Or more like a week or two?

How much time or turnaround is one looking at if they decide to leave a captive appointment and go independent?? Could you essentially be writing independent business within a day or two?? Or more like a week or two?

Some of your new companies would appoint you within days. Others a week or two.

At what point will the captive company become aware that an agent is processing paperwork to go independent??

Obviously wouldn't attempt to write business as indie until left captive appt. but can one put indie appt's in place while still captive??

At what point will the captive company become aware that an agent is processing paperwork to go independent?? Obviously wouldn't attempt to write business as indie until left captive appt. but can one put indie appt's in place while still captive??

Here in Texas, and some other states, a captive company can pop on the Internet and find out pretty darn fast. You better have your ducks in a row already, if this is what you're planning on doing.

Back