Doing Annuity Seminars Today with Covid

Ryan Schalk

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I know many agents prior to Covid would do in person seminars, workshops, etc. and have success with generating business from them. Has anyone attempted to do them now that many states have lifted restrictions? If so, what state are you in? what are some of the protocols you have had to deal with? where did you hold this event? how many people showed up vs rsvp's? any other information you would like to share.

I don't do them..but i see them advertised quite a bit. HOWEVER, LATELY i see little to NO advertisement for Seminars of any kind.

Because no one has chimed in...it’s not exactly what you asked but I tried doing seminars again but mine are educational Medicare webinars.

I held 4 seminars and I had a total of 10 show. I used to get double that at least. Since my webinars now get 10-25 for each one, I’ll stick to them as long as I can.

Because no one has chimed in...it’s not exactly what you asked but I tried doing seminars again but mine are educational Medicare webinars.

I held 4 seminars and I had a total of 10 show. I used to get double that at least. Since my webinars now get 10-25 for each one, I’ll stick to them as long as I can.

Thanks for the info. What part of Florida are you in??

Just wanted to get some feedback from everyone. I know many agents prior to Covid would do in person seminars, workshops, etc. and have success with generating business from them. Has anyone attempted to do them now that many states have lifted restrictions? If so, what state are you in? what are some of the protocols you have had to deal with? where did you hold this event? how many people showed up vs rsvp's? any other information you would like to share.
Several, if not many states have made it illegal for such gatherings over the last 9 months & likely to continue for 3-6 months more. Virtual seminars likely won't work with the target market age for annuities

Virtual seminars likely won't work with the target market age for annuities

I wouldnt be too sure about that. As Chazm pointed out, they are working for Medicare, which is the same age demographic as annuities.

Also, seniors are not as adverse to technology as they were just 4 or 5 years ago. Many are going online to find their insurance and annuities. Many are using video conferencing for other formerly "in-person" activities such as book-clubs. (my 67yo mother is in a retiree book-club and they meet over zoom ... I had a 72yo client cut a call short the other day because it was time for their gardening-club to do their weekly zoom meeting)

Id say people in their 60s are open to virtual seminars. 70s, farily open. 80+ not so much... but annuity producers usually dont target 80+ anyway because it cuts comp.

Last edited:
Just to share for other annuity developments: Athene is now offering electronic delivery of their annuity contracts!

e‑Delivery has launched at Athene!

Athene has launched an e‑Delivery option via Athene Connect that will allow issued contracts to be delivered electronically. The way applications are processed will not change, but for you and your clients, e‑Delivery can make a real difference.

• Easy enrollment
    • Clients will elect e‑Delivery by completing the Electronic Signature Consent and Disclosure form and providing an email address on the application.
  • Expedited, secure delivery of client contracts
    • Annuity contracts will be delivered one business day after the contract is issued. Both you and your client will receive an email when the contract has been electronically delivered.
      • If annuity contracts are typically mailed to you or your back office for delivery to your clients, they will be electronically delivered to you for review and approval before they are electronically delivered to the owner. Once you have approved, your client will receive an email stating that their contract has been delivered.
      • If annuity contracts are typically mailed directly to your clients, they will be electronically delivered to the owner. You will not be required to review or approve the contract but will have access to the contract on the e‑Delivery portal.
      • To access their contract, clients must first validate their identity by providing their date of birth and last four digits of their Social Security number, or by entering the passcode provided in a separate email. For contracts owned by an entity (trusts, corporations, etc.), it is recommended the passcode option is used; otherwise, the annuitant’s date of birth and the last four digits of the entity’s tax identification or Social Security number must be provided.
    • Once the contract is issued, the e‑Delivery link remains active for up to 60 days. If the link is not accessed within that time, a paper contract will be mailed directly to the client. Contracts are accessible through the e‑Delivery link for 10 days after they are initially opened or when signatures are provided (where applicable).
    • We recommend your client save a copy of the annuity contract on his or her device (e.g., laptop or home computer) for future reference. Your client can also access a copy of his or her contract on My Athene.
  • Simplified process for completing and returning the contract delivery receipt and other delivery requirements:
    • Producers can track the status of outstanding contracts on the e‑Delivery Dashboard on Athene Connect.
    • The contract delivery receipt and applicable delivery requirements (depending on your state) can be completed and returned electronically by you and your client.
  • Environmentally friendly — Reduce costs and waste associated with printed contracts.
  • COVID safety — Provide convenient, remote service for clients taking extra precautions during the global pandemic.
With the flexibility, speed and convenience offered by e‑Delivery, we know it will become a valuable tool for you and your clients. Thank you for partnering with Athene!

P.S. Review these frequently asked questions for more information about e‑Delivery or reach out to our Customer Contact Center at 888‑266‑8489 or by emailing [email protected].

Back