Doing Business W/Friends & Family

Counter argument - why in the world should they entrust their future with a stranger rather than you? And if you are any good at what you do, you'll likely do a better job of setting up their plans so their insurance is appropriate for where they are in life.

There are too many not-very-good agents in our profession, and I'd rather not have the people I care about write policies with an agent who may be out of the profession in a year or two.

I don't irritate my f/f with solicitations but I've made sure they all know what I do and how I help people plan for the unexpected. They more often than not come to me with questions about their insurance needs.

I have to agree. Just be sure of your products.

I don't solicit friends. They know what I do.

OTOH, some pretty good friendships have evolved out of people I sold insurance to.

Counter argument - why in the world should they entrust their future with a stranger rather than you? And if you are any good at what you do, you'll likely do a better job of setting up their plans so their insurance is appropriate for where they are in life.

There are too many not-very-good agents in our profession, and I'd rather not have the people I care about write policies with an agent who may be out of the profession in a year or two.

I don't irritate my f/f with solicitations but I've made sure they all know what I do and how I help people plan for the unexpected. They more often than not come to me with questions about their insurance needs.

Couldn't agree more, but there are still plenty of friends and family that would rather go with a "bad" agent that is placing them in sketchy products rather than work with a friend/family member. I've never understood the "we don't mix business with family/friend" argument.

I am in your camp. I have sold more to friends and family in the last five years than I did the previous 20. And only guaranteed products like WL, GUL or Term.

I'm confused. Why would anyone be willing to sell products that they would not sell to friends and family?

And let's not play the "well it's a matter of what fits their need" nonsense because that's not the vibe I'm getting here.

Latest posts

Back