Dose of Reality

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
"Call me next year and we will see what you have. Maybe we can do business then."

Empty promises.

Even if they have every intention of following through, they may not qualify next year.

I am barely 2 years into the Medigap gig and wishing I had made the switch a long time ago. For the most part, the people are nicer although there are still some that will lie through their false teeth.

No big deal. Their loss is greater than mine.

Followed up earlier with a lady that was looking for coverage for her husband (68). She called me last week after piddling around on my site for at least 3 weeks. I had called her when she first hit my site but only got voice mail, so I left a message and moved on.

When she called me last week she was more confused than ever. I spent 45 minutes or so on the phone, helping her out, answering questions and correcting her misinformation.

She wanted a few days to sort everything out, but would make a decision before open enrollment ended.

I no longer correct them. If they want to believe there is a govt deadline, that works for me.

Well, she did make a decision and bought a plan that was a few dollars cheaper ($2). She asked me to follow up next year and maybe I will have a better deal.

My response was, "Your rates are guaranteed for 12 months but your husband's health isn't. He may want to change plans next year but there is no guarantee he can."

I would not be surprised if the plan she bought for her husband goes up 15 - 20% at renewal. If he can't qualify for a new policy at a lower rate they made a mistake they will have to live with for a long time.

Come on man...you know better than that..... People lie when they open their mouths.... There is only one close, power hard hammer time close.... If they spit the bit I say FFF...... F'em feed em fish heads

notice... my ipad had the funny spelling man with his friend Mr auto correct tonight

Last edited:
I can push them across the finish line if and when I want, but that business doesn't last. At least not for me.

I have much better long term success when I play the line until they bite. Get more referrals too.

Back