Dual Contracting with Foresters

RNA is a much better option.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dual contracting when you're allowed to have two writing numbers with one carrier. There aren't any FE carriers that allow it to my knowledge. Mostly term...

Next dumb question! Why is that a good thing?

Next dumb question! Why is that a good thing?

Are you asking why dual contracting is a good thing? If so, dual contracting comes in handy if you don't think your upline is serving your needs. You can go elsewhere without the need for a release.

You could also have one writing number for advanced commissions and one for as-earned if you want.

Are you asking why dual contracting is a good thing? If so, dual contracting comes in handy if you don't think your upline is serving your needs. You can go elsewhere without the need for a release.

You could also have one writing number for advanced commissions and one for as-earned if you want.

I like the idea for two writing numbers for advanced and as earned as well. I also like the idea of the EFES model of having two writing numbers for their wholesale and retail side. I believe that is fair. Two writing numbers would allow an agent to contract with an IMO that is willing to subsidize lead cost (EFES model) at a lower % as well as contract with an IMO that does't subsidize the lead cost but at a higher contract. To me this makes sense and is fair for all.

I like the idea for two writing numbers for advanced and as earned as well. I also like the idea of the EFES model of having two writing numbers for their wholesale and retail side. I believe that is fair. Two writing numbers would allow an agent to contract with an IMO that is willing to subsidize lead cost (EFES model) at a lower % as well as contract with an IMO that does't subsidize the lead cost but at a higher contract. To me this makes sense and is fair for all.

I don't know much about EFES except what is posted on the forum but I'd sure like to know how they can get away with issuing writing numbers for FE carriers.

If you produce enough volume, I have seen IMO'S and FMO's get away with a lot of things...

I don't know much about EFES except what is posted on the forum but I'd sure like to know how they can get away with issuing writing numbers for FE carriers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm not in the final expense market anymore but when I was, RNA, Colorado Bankers Life, Assurity, Liberty Bankers Life, Americo.

On my black list of FE companies to avoid are American-Amicable, United Home Life, Madison National..

Ok, I like that. We both agree that dual contracting is not a bad thing. I just have to wonder why those companies in the so called "final expense" market do not allow dual contracting. That would be an interesting topic.

If you do not like Foresters, who is your "go to" company?

Last edited:

That may be what you got from that, but that's not what he said.

The companies issue the writing numbers, but you have two writing numbers with each company. One is a "retail" number that you use when writing business on EFES leads. The other is a "wholesale" number that is higher in commission and you use for writing referrals or other self generated business.

I do not believe that you could just transfer either number to another IMO without permission from EFES.

That may be what you got from that, but that's not what he said.

The companies issue the writing numbers, but you have two writing numbers with each company. One is a "retail" number that you use when writing business on EFES leads. The other is a "wholesale" number that is higher in commission and you use for writing referrals or other self generated business.

I do not believe that you could just transfer either number to another IMO without permission from EFES.

That is exactly what I was told by EFES. And, I believe that is what sets them apart from other marketing companies. When I contracted with Unique Underwriters at the 55% mark they could have done the same but instead passing on 75% or more to the upline...sounds like a rip off to me.

Damn why I couldn't have found EFES before UU.

Back