Have any agents had experience with working with Assurances ACA and under 65 health plans?

Super Agent Man

I worked with thier life insurance department before and I am thinking about working with thier health insurance department. Has anyone had experience with the ACA department at Assurance? If so what are your overall thoughts about it? And do you have any advice about how to be successful in assurances ACA department?

Hey Superman! I worked for Assurance ACA a couple of years ago. For me, it was a total beating for very little reward. Some policies paid $25 one-time, and while I put nearly $500K premium in force, I netted less than $10K after I got licensed in 17 states.

I almost went back this year to generate some income, but weighed the time spent vs. reward gained, and passed.

I was thinking of trying life or P&C. How was the life side?

BTW - I was in the top 10% of producers, clocking 12-hour days.

I have been a licensed Financial Advisor and Insurance Agent in Texas since 1998. Working for a broker dealer/bank, you are not permitted to sell Auto, P&C, Health, Term Life, etc. (Only Annuities and Permanent Life Insurance) I have now become an independent advisor and have been focusing on Medicare and Individual Health Insurance.

I reached out to Assurance in 2023 and began the process to work for them so I could gain some experience working the open enrollment season. Unfortunately, I realized they would now own all of my existing clients if I made the switch, so I cancelled the appointments and received a release letter from them.

After a busy season selling under 65 marketplace policies, I am being told by one carrier that they had a freeze out period where no agent appointment changes could happen. As a result, Assurance is considered my upline and they are receiving my commission while I receive $0.

How can this happen? Is there anything I can do?

I have been a licensed Financial Advisor and Insurance Agent in Texas since 1998. Working for a broker dealer/bank, you are not permitted to sell Auto, P&C, Health, Term Life, etc. (Only Annuities and Permanent Life Insurance) I have now become an independent advisor and have been focusing on Medicare and Individual Health Insurance.

I reached out to Assurance in 2023 and began the process to work for them so I could gain some experience working the open enrollment season. Unfortunately, I realized they would now own all of my existing clients if I made the switch, so I cancelled the appointments and received a release letter from them.

After a busy season selling under 65 marketplace policies, I am being told by one carrier that they had a freeze out period where no agent appointment changes could happen. As a result, Assurance is considered my upline and they are receiving my commission while I receive $0.

How can this happen? Is there anything I can do?
That is maddening. Do you have your letter of release from them? I'm not an attorney, so this is just advice...I'd connect with TDI and see about filing a complaint. My 2 cents worth. All the best, Kevin

I do, but the carrier told me it wouldn't matter as they were in a black-out period. Seems odd that the carrier allows for new agent appointments, but they will not let you rescind them during the black-out window.

I do, but the carrier told me it wouldn't matter as they were in a black-out period. Seems odd that the carrier allows for new agent appointments, but they will not let you rescind them during the black-out window.
Medicare Advantage companies freeze changing uplines when it gets close to AEP. If you were talking to a new FMO, they should've known this.

Just sell with other carriers till its appointed over. So many carriers so little time. The pie is the pie, just sell the pie at a different point of view.

Back