Dying Poor

This might help in your presentation.

SimpsonEatsCatFood.jpg

I just use a normal can of dog food and begin to ask them why its labeled, "fit for human consumption", and I tell them, when your in the poor house, ESPECIALLY in tough times, there's a noticeable increase in the purchasing of dog food. Then I ask them, "do you really think dog's are getting hungrier in a recession?"

You can borrow that one Bob if you want. Paul has been using it with stellar results. John is still on the fence with this one.

I just use a normal can of dog food and begin to ask them why its labeled, "fit for human consumption",

OMG. That is funny and sad at the same time . . . as well as TMI.

So people who retire with almost no savings and have to live off social security are great candidates for LTC and annuities? If I misread that I apologize in advance.

You would be surprised at times.
I cant tell you how many people say they "live off of SS", but also have a $100k CD in the bank that they take a bit from each year.

Sure, $100k isnt much to draw income from.
But for someone who is mostly living off of SS, an extra $7k per year can mean an upgrade from Alpo up to Purina...

Seriously though, obviously you have to have the $ to invest. But for lower income retirees, budgeting what little they actually do have saved is often a major challenge.
Annuities do a great job at forced budgeting, and at a higher income percentage than any other new issue product out there.

I just use a normal can of dog food and begin to ask them why its labeled, "fit for human consumption", and I tell them, when your in the poor house, ESPECIALLY in tough times, there's a noticeable increase in the purchasing of dog food. Then I ask them, "do you really think dog's are getting hungrier in a recession?"

You can borrow that one Bob if you want. Paul has been using it with stellar results. John is still on the fence with this one.

Why not recommend dry dog food? It's cheaper than canned dog food. If you let it sit in warm water for a while you can eat it with your dentures out. I always hated going to Grandma's for dinner.

OK folks, call me crazy, but my plan is to die broke. I plan to enjoy every dollar I can before I die. I have worked hard all my life, and I plan to get up each day, and try to live it like it could be my last one, because it could be. Of course, I'm 62, and that's a lot different than being 32. The 30 year difference is a heavy duty difference. All the things I have always wanted to do, I am doing now. The 30 year difference is well worth the price you pay for it. Renewals are the eighth wonder of the world.:yes:

I wonder if younger agents will have as much renewal opportunity as the older agents? Seems to me that products/commissions are going the wrong way.

"I wonder if younger agents will have as much renewal opportunity as the older agents?"

That's something I haven't thought about, but I don't see any way they will. The landscape has changed too much. Insurance companies are being harder pressed than ever to be profitable. Investment income is in the toilet. Has been for 5 years now, and who knows what the future holds. Also, young agents are fewer than ever before. It is almost impossible for a new agent to make it now, and with whats happening with commissions and renewals, it's a double edged sword.

I just retired last month. I just don't have the fight in me anymore. And with all that's happening in the long term care insurance arena, I'm thinking I couldn't have picked a better time to do so.

That's a good one, I may start using it!

Let me ask you this, when selling LTC & annuities, which demographics do you find that you have the greatest success with?

Last edited:
annuityseller said:
Fixed Deposits is very better for comparing with annuity plan in insurance company...

what to hell did he just say????

Read more: Dying Poor - Page 2

Read all his posts they do not make a lot of sense I don't think English is his first language and maybe having trouble communicating or is some sort of bot.

Back