Early Morning Appointment?

How early would you set an appointment?

Maybe 0400

Back in the day, I would set meetings at 0800, 3 hours away. Work as late as 8 or 9PM.then drive 3 hours home. Many times in the fog.

I’m just on a tight budget right now.

Not hungry enough.

Next time I’m never setting an appointment that early. I’m not a morning person so I hate waking up that early unless it’s some guaranteed money waiting.

Then give the lead to a Life Insurance agent. There are a crap load of people toiling in very had, low paying jobs at the ass crack of dawn.

the woman’s son was in the driveway with his baby.

Perfect! I assume you got his and baby Mama's Dob and who they have their insurance with.

I don’t have the luxury to sustain flake prospects anymore.

You are working strictly FE leads, right?

Back. In the day when I had to sell to eat I would at times leave the house around 5AM

That.

OK, I may sound harsh. However, this is not a good J O B. It is a business. You have to build it or quit it.

Some of these guys have spouses with good paying jobs and maybe no children. Much easier to succeed. Others have stay at home moms and more mouths to feed. Tougher to do but very doable.

I do most of my work on the phone. However, will drive 3-4 hours to do a $50.mo deal for a client if I have to. Have done that to do a claim. Means getting up at 0400, spending money and a day of my time. Maybe I won't make it in this business.

Maybe 0400

Back in the day, I would set meetings at 0800, 3 hours away. Work as late as 8 or 9PM.then drive 3 hours home. Many times in the fog.

Not hungry enough.

Then give the lead to a Life Insurance agent. There are a crap load of people toiling in very had, low paying jobs at the ass crack of dawn.

Perfect! I assume you got his and baby Mama's Dob and who they have their insurance with.

You are working strictly FE leads, right?

That.

OK, I may sound harsh. However, this is not a good J O B. It is a business. You have to build it or quit it.

Some of these guys have spouses with good paying jobs and maybe no children. Much easier to succeed. Others have stay at home moms and more mouths to feed. Tougher to do but very doable.

I do most of my work on the phone. However, will drive 3-4 hours to do a $50.mo deal for a client if I have to. Have done that to do a claim. Means getting up at 0400, spending money and a day of my time. Maybe I won't make it in this business.

Well it wasn’t necessarily about waking up early that bothered me but moreso waking up early to a possible no show after a solid week or more of no shows

I’m trying to get experience with presentation and closing so that I can help people put a MP plan in place and make money so that I can pay expenses and buy quality leads to keep going with this.

I have no problem getting out of bed driving across town if I can at least present to someone.

The reality is the average human isn’t going to go to work and not get any reward.

You got up at 4 and drove 3 hours because the likelihood of you as an experienced agent making money in that situation was greater. If you were brand new would you still have done that?

Those people toiling in to low paying jobs at ass crack of dawn everyday only do it for the money. If it were some volunteer gig most likely they wouldn’t do that.

I do see what you mean though as an agents circumstances can impact how quickly he/she fails/succeeds.

You’re right. I’d should have thought about asking the son about his insurance and didn’t think of that. Lesson learned now I know what to do next time if similar situation occurs.

No these are not final expense but they are very old aged mortgage protection leads that i couldn’t not get a hold of by phone.

Well it wasn’t necessarily about waking up early that bothered me but moreso waking up early to a possible no show after a solid week or more of no shows

I’m trying to get experience with presentation and closing so that I can help people put a MP plan in place and make money so that I can pay expenses and buy quality leads to keep going with this.

I have no problem getting out of bed driving across town if I can at least present to someone.

The reality is the average human isn’t going to go to work and not get any reward.

You got up at 4 and drove 3 hours because the likelihood of you as an experienced agent making money in that situation was greater. If you were brand new would you still have done that?

Those people toiling in to low paying jobs at ass crack of dawn everyday only do it for the money. If it were some volunteer gig most likely they wouldn’t do that.

I do see what you mean though as an agents circumstances can impact how quickly he/she fails/succeeds.

You’re right. I’d should have thought about asking the son about his insurance and didn’t think of that. Lesson learned now I know what to do next time if similar situation occurs.

No these are not final expense but they are very old aged mortgage protection leads that i couldn’t not get a hold of by phone.

I really do understand. When I started I coming out of a divorce, moved 3 hours from home, slept on a buddy's living room floor straight out of construction. Grew up poor and had always been blue-collar, the upscale Bay Area I was assigned only had people that looked like me doing their lawns.

It has been a very long time since I have done any door knocking. Seems to me aged MP leads would be a numbers game. MP does not sound like day time work. Many of those people may not have bought anything, got talked into something much higher, Bought one of those stupid high MP term plans or lapsed what they had. I would have non-med plans qued up. Probably Sagicor and something SI like United Home Life.

You’re working D- Lead’s what on earth is that ???

A good percentage of these aged leads people will be deadbeats.

See, you had the answer all along, could have saved yourself an early morning trip!

D = Deadbeat :D

Honestly, I don't know how you guys do it. All my appointments show up. Totally different clientele, obviously. I give you credit on the effort that is for sure. :yes:

If an agent is hungry enough, there's a prospect behind every door. :yes:
You never know there isn't until you knock on the door and talk to them.

Successful insurance agents are not the "average" human. What makes hem successful is they do things the "average" human will not do.

you have to go, you told her you would. Word gets around

when you set the appointment it helps a lot of try to build a relationship even like 2 mins of conversation. I know its not always possible but try talk about anything besides insurance. Their kids, church, travel plans whatever. Its a lot harder to no show an appointment after you connected with someone.

Get cell phone #'s just in case. Text them before you leave. send email reminders. these extra steps make a big difference. I just went around visiting brokers 16 appointments 100% of them showed up.

Back