Email and Fax Marketing

I don't think you can market to them by fax if they do not give you permission and the fine is pretty large.

get off your butt and go into the places...

Email and fax marketing would do nothing but piss me off....

And I now see, this post is so important, you posted it in 2 different forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
This post was so important, you had to post in in 2 different forums.

Ok, not worth the potential fines to fax. Good thing I only sent out 20 and not 200 or 2000! Okay, well what about emailing? As long as I have an opt-out option, it should be okay??

lucky....the problem with fax blasting, is you just created potential for $10,000 in liability for your company.

Any one of those companies can send you a demand letter for $500 and you should pay it if received, as they can sue you for triple damages, $1500 and will win...but that's not the leverage.

Lawyers know this game all too well, and will subpoena your phone records as part of this, and will go to the other affected businesses and have them join suit.

look out!

Ok, not worth the potential fines to fax. Good thing I only sent out 20 and not 200 or 2000! Okay, well what about emailing? As long as I have an opt-out option, it should be okay??

It's not that easy. ISPs will block your IP for sending spam. It's the ISP's job to make sure their customers receive the least amount of spam possible.

Therefore you're gonna have to find a third party service to send the spam for you. Legitimate services will not send it for the same reasons I just noted - their IP addresses get blocked.

You're gonna have to find some offshore service.

This is why I love this forum! If it wasn't for all of you, I would have continued to fax and email marketing stuff to other businesses. I will not continue in this way for fear of getting fined! And for those who don't think I get off my butt, I definitely do! Just looking for other options as well, that's all.

Thanks again!

I get a fax blast to my office every week, trying to offer us life insurance.

You can report them all you want, it never stops. WHo do you report them to?

Attachments

• fax blast.pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 11
It's difficult to report. You can fake the number the fax was sent from, which is illegal, but its very difficult to track down.

Easiest way to report someone is pretend you want to buy from them and ask the address for the check.

It's a complete waste of time. Outfits like this know exactly what they're doing. They're honkered down is some cheap-a** office space until they run into problems - then they move and change their name the next day.

Back