Email Auto-reply to Leads

I see some paid services out there but are there any free programs that will automatically reply?

Example: I get an email with a lead, the program picks out the email within the lead and sends a generic email to them from my email address.

I can do an automatic out-of-office type reply but that would just go to the lead source.

Not free & not automatic, but the Best program I've seen is: Toutapp.com.

It is the analytics that make it valuable as well as the help the company gives one in real world email subject lines, knowing if the email is opened, a link clicked inside the email, where/what type of browser/smartphone was used, etc.

Best in class app IMHO. toutapp.com If you'd like a personal intro, give me a shout. I know one of their reps personally & he is a great help to folks. Even easier email/call Dan: [email protected] or 415.463.1558.

Last edited:
Not free & not automatic, but the Best program I've seen is: Toutapp.com.

It is the analytics that make it valuable as well as the help the company gives one in real world email subject lines, knowing if the email is opened, a link clicked inside the email, where/what type of browser/smartphone was used, etc.

Best in class app IMHO. toutapp.com If you'd like a personal intro, give me a shout. I know one of their reps personally & he is a great help to folks. Even easier email/call Dan: [email protected] or 415.463.1558.

It's a pretty solid platform. One I considered before I started Xopaa.

^ this. Right? I know my CRM has this feature (although I'm yet to use it). Hypothetically, you should be able to load your "lead list" into your CRM, give those leads a specific tag that will initiate an email/drip emails.

That should be possible with all CRMs. No issue with that. We do it, as do many others.

That's not what he's asking for, however. He's asking for something that is going to take a lead emailed to him, import it automatically with no assistance, and start the drip campaign. Unless there is a service that auto-imports directly from the lead company via API, there isn't (to my knowledge) a ready-made crawler through your email provider to grab the info, import and start the campaign.

Apples and oranges.

That should be possible with all CRMs. No issue with that. We do it, as do many others.

That's not what he's asking for, however. He's asking for something that is going to take a lead emailed to him, import it automatically with no assistance, and start the drip campaign. Unless there is a service that auto-imports directly from the lead company via API, there isn't (to my knowledge) a ready-made crawler through your email provider to grab the info, import and start the campaign.

Apples and oranges.

I agree 100%
All CRM's that I've seen can do email, but not drip email campaigns & they have no metrics on the campaigns even if they do.

Thus while I prefer 1 stop, integrated systems, there just is no such CRM on the market. Thus why IMHO, ToutApp.com is the best at this. Here is an article that just came out on them.

My preference for a CRM today is QQCatalyst as they are in the Cloud & have an open API [way to integrate] that they don't charge for...thus allowing companies to integrate with them....let the market decide vs. the AMS/Applied's of the world that are so old school they don't work in the "cloud" without loading software on your computer, they look like WIN 3.0 & yet they charge big bucks to integrate with them. If agents weren't so slow to adapt to new ideas/technology they would be out of business IMO! They truly suck but the agents are too scared to try anything new as it may mean they have to change/adapt to new stuff...heaven forbid if they have to train their staff too! :laugh:

Ahh well, that just makes more opportunity for those that embrace change/technology! :)

Apples and oranges.

That isn't what he asked for, at least not in his initial post. He simply wanted an automatic email to go out when receiving a new lead.

He should have the leads directly imported into the CRM, then that will happen.

Now yes, a drip campaign is more work. It is not a concern of mine, so I really haven't looked to see if it is included or not and what support there are for drip campaigns.

Right now, it sounds like the OP is trying to get away without using a CRM, which is a big mistake. Get a CRM, have your leads imported, get your automated email going out, and make your life easier.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Yes - this should be part of my CRM. I work at a big mutual and use their CRM. While this functionality is "coming soon" it isn't here yet and I'm not holding my breath. I could use a different CRM which may very well be the route that I go, but their in-house CRM has some nice features I won't be able to get through a 3rd party CRM as it just won't have access to back of house info. I'd rather not use 2 different CRMs so I'm looking for something outside of a CRM to just help out with internet leads.

Before anyone brings it up - I don't want to go indy. Yes, I've thought about it, but I've decided that for what I'm offered this firm is a better fit for me.

I'll look at everyone's suggestions, thanks!

Back