Exchange Subsidies but Not for Medicare

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Had this discussion with another agent yesterday in Las Vegas over coffee (yes, it was coffee at 8am).

My question is why would someone at age 60 earning $2,000 a month receive a full subsidy inside the exchange, but the same person at 65 pays $99.90 for Part B and probably $50 for a HiF plus another $40 for a drug plan??

Doesn't this seem a bit unfair and something that our kommie in chief and his little dog Kathy needs to fix?

Rick

Under age 65 you can get Medigap plan F for $929 monthly (BX) or $1803 (MOO), but at age 65 the same carriers will offer the same plan F for $161 and $180.

Another interesting angle. A 60 year old on disability earning $2K a month would pay for Medicare, supplement and drug plan. The same person that doesn't get Medicare pays nothing though the subsidy.

Sounds like Obummer hates the disabled as much as he hates veterans. At least he loves that free birth control.

Rick

More like M.E.D. WHO CARES! Am I right guys!?

*rimshot*

So it looks like the state DOI is hiring people to train them to help with the new changes already. I wonder if they will be covering this in the training. I'm almost tempted to apply just to see what kind of mess there would be as the rep...

Makes my head spin, trying to understand it all.....

You're a woman, correct? ;)

(That was a joke so please don't report the post. Women are generally much more intelligent than men and this would be a much better country if women were in charge).

Rick

Back