Extremely Frustrated with an Auto Insurance Claim

Driver of the car was not the owner of the car, that is correct, but both the vehicle and the driver were insured by the company, coverage was established. The final letter that I received exclusively states and I quote "we see no liability on the part of our insured". This response was given by their insuarance company even though the police report said the other driver was at fault AND in addition their driver had conflicting stories with the police.

The adjuster told me that they did not want to pay because they were going with what their insured was saying, not because there was no coverage. I find this very strange and relatively convenient because their insured was not cooperating at the beginning. What does this tell us about the honesty and integrity of the driver who hit me?

...and we've never seen anyone try to make a bogus claim.

Has the carrier in question seen proof of the judgment from court?

I think you're demonizing the industry a bit excessively. Carriers usually do pay claims just fine.

...and we've never seen anyone try to make a bogus claim.

Bogus claim? The incident in question did in fact happen and there are pictures, a police report And an estimate. I am not attempting to get 20k from a fender bender or anything absurd like that. I mentioned the other driver had conflicting stories with he police and in addition went as far as to make a bogus assertion as to where i worked to attempt to validate his side of the story.

Please tell me how the drivers contradicting stories and dishonesty put me in question.

Has the carrier in question seen proof of the judgment from court?

I think you're demonizing the industry a bit excessively. Carriers usually do pay claims just fine.

Carrier asked for proof and i sent him proof. I am not inclined on demonizing the industry, my frustration is directed to a particular adjuster and company, no where did i state " all insurance companies everywhere are bad and they all suck". Understand that there are unethical people out there and no industry is immune to this.

Last edited:
There are definitely a few carriers that will go out of their way to not pay a claim. Fortunately, these are the minority.

I'm still not clear, which policy did you file the claim under? The driver or the owner? You might be amazed to find out that the carrier won't look beyond the way the claim was filed.

Police reports rarely determine fault since the police usually do not witness the accident, they simply report whatever you tell them. There is sometimes a statement that will say 'Based on the reported incident, it appears Party B is at fault', but that is simply a statement of opinion, not fact.
Unless a driver is cited, then its hard to dispute.

The court case, on the otherhand, is pretty much indisputable. They should be paying.

Dan

The other driver giving a different story to the carrier is what makes your position questioned. I'm not saying you're trying to do anything bogus here, but carriers and adjusters deal with that sort of thing every day.

I had a neighbor busted for smashing their door into mine and scratching the door. Pictures, called the cops, everything. She said it didn't happen so they denied the claim.

Back