Faith based medical expense sharing organizations

Yeah to add me to her insurance is almost $600 just for me.

So doing one of the above options at $211 to $240 is much better option and all we can afford.

Wow ... $600 per month?!? I don't even want to know what a family plan would run. As I mentioned earlier, all of us need to make decisions and unfortunately, yours involves health insurance. So again, I say to you, explore your options but make certain you are aware of the limitations (and benefits) of whatever you select. I wish you all the best!

I get text and emails all the time from Health Sharing Organizations. Medi Share, Kingdom Health Share which is now One Share Health LLC. I attended a webinar for Kingdom Health Share before they changed their name out of curiosity. My honest opinion is are they now using funds that should be designated for their paying members to recruit insurance agents? Are their members okay with these new arrangements? Will these non-profits become underground for profit organizations? They emphasize high commissions as their #1 lure for agents and brokers, which is what many feel is our main motivation which is not true in many cases.

The plans look like pseudo insurance plans which would be hard to distinguish for the average person. They offer their own E&O insurance for $160 which all insurance agents who contract with them must purchase. I have not found a sample policy so I don't know the level of coverage they offer.

They were vague but basically alluded to the fact that you just need to accept their mission statement in order to sign up.

Aliera is in a lawsuit and is being accused of operating as an unlicensed insurance company.

SCAM ALERT: Washington State & New Hampshire warn about "Healthcare Sharing Ministry" frauds

Some people have benefited from these arrangements despite the fact that they do not provide the same "protections" that traditional insurance is suppose to provide. I don't sell these but using them is a personal choice. It's extremely important that people know what they are getting into. There is nothing that provides a 100% safety net.
The best ones to comment on the effectiveness of a plan are the end users. Listen to both the good and the bad and cautiously make your own decision. Any agent who decides to sell these are taking a risk but that can be said of any product.

This is a good site to look at for those who might be considering this option

Healthsharing Reviews | Liberty Healthshare Reviews and more.

This is their Facebook Review Page:
HealthSharing Reviews Group Public Group | Facebook

Cost-Sharing Programs are a great alternative in a lot of cases. It would be worth looking into. I've been writing these plans for years and have never had an issue. I would recommend anyone to have a discussion about it, depending on their scenario it could easily benefit them.

PrimaCare is the only Aliera anything I've sold because I'm very wary of "This is not a promise to pay"

Primacare when I sold it was between $69-99 and the very few instances in which it made sense, the clients were extraordinarily pleased with how it functioned.

The time that I sold it most recently was for a female with two kids who made too little money for an ACA subsidy and too much money for medicaid. She ultimately wanted to be able to go to the Dr. and get checkups and such and paying $69 a month for effective a $25 co-pay when you go to the Dr. seemed a good idea.

They're actually still on that plan, but Aliera just raised rates so I'm curious to see if they got to keep their lower rates.

She ultimately wanted to be able to go to the Dr. and get checkups and such and paying $69 a month for effective a $25 co-pay when you go to the Dr. seemed a good idea.

I suppose it was a good idea if you go to the doc 3x per month and there is no cap on doc visits.

Otherwise . . .

Back