Family Glitch closing, executive order today

STM plans will take a hit.
Group plans will be chopped around the edges.
ACA will skyrocket if ARPA extended, up a little if not extended.
If ARPA not extended, group or STM is better choice for those above 400% FPL

STM plans will take a hit.
Group plans will be chopped around the edges.
ACA will skyrocket if ARPA extended, up a little if not extended.
If ARPA not extended, group or STM is better choice for those above 400% FPL
How would an ALE employer group, who gets penalized if insurance isn't affordable adjust their employer contribution amount for dependents (often kind of slim) to avoid being penalized for "unaffordable" insurance. If that seems to be what they need to do. It seems employees are demanding and getting more employer contributions in competitive job markets.

Me, potentially talking to each employee under group coverage with dependents :chatterbox:. I do have software that can calculate affordability. So a potential PMPM payment for employee and dependents. How the employers will respond with any change to family member contributions will be interesting.
The key answer in the article relating to employer penalties is the penalty is only if the employee's coverage is unaffordable by the formula.

Last edited:
This was great news. So many families couldn't afford the ridiculously high group premiums for dependents, who were forced to go without coverage.

The employer mandate was a contradiction in the ACA, it only exist because of ...I think we all know why.

Back