FIA Companies That Contract Direct with Agents?

Does this IMO offer Noth American? If so its the same products without the cut for the Middleman which means either comp is higher or interest rates are higher to the client.

This. Midland and North American are essentially the same. Midland cuts out the FMO and pays 1/2 percent more in comp to the agent. Let me know if you decide to contract so I can get the referral fee. They have good product.

Just wondering if any quality FIA providers contract direct with agents (i.e. no FMO/IMO)?

I know Great American / Annuity Investors Life does. Does anyone know any others?

I'm not calling you out, but if you're asking these questions I think you're basically admitting that you don't know what's available for you on the market. Why not have both options, both direct and a wholesaler you can talk with. If you're comfortable writing one carrier great.. But, if you're going to chase after all the companies you can contract direct with you're going to spend most of your time trying to figure out product and not doing what you do best, which is getting in front of new people. I don't care if my guys work direct with some carriers, because I know they write most of their business thru me because they can count on me to answer the phone and actually help them with case design instead of sending them to a spreadsheet online to figure it out. Like I said above, if you can get everything you need from a direct contract then great, go for it. But, if you need a go-to guy every once in a while to actually help you do the best thing for the client then keep the wholesale option available as well. I guess having one of the largest Agent Bonus programs in the industry helps a little too :) Hope everyone has a great start to 2012, and give me a call if you want to try something new this year in addition to making bonuses on your cases.

I'm not calling you out, but if you're asking these questions I think you're basically admitting that you don't know what's available for you on the market. Why not have both options, both direct and a wholesaler you can talk with. If you're comfortable writing one carrier great.. But, if you're going to chase after all the companies you can contract direct with you're going to spend most of your time trying to figure out product and not doing what you do best, which is getting in front of new people. I don't care if my guys work direct with some carriers, because I know they write most of their business thru me because they can count on me to answer the phone and actually help them with case design instead of sending them to a spreadsheet online to figure it out. Like I said above, if you can get everything you need from a direct contract then great, go for it. But, if you need a go-to guy every once in a while to actually help you do the best thing for the client then keep the wholesale option available as well. I guess having one of the largest Agent Bonus programs in the industry helps a little too :) Hope everyone has a great start to 2012, and give me a call if you want to try something new this year in addition to making bonuses on your cases.

I already wrote lots of this business, but ran it through my b/d. I'm looking to see what I can split out direct with the insurer, and what I need an FMO for.

If I need help with a life case, I have no problem giving up an override to an FMO. If I have 200 fixed annuity contracts on the books that I already wrote, can you think of a good reason why would run these through an FMO, instead of going direct? I can't.

Edit: Just talked to Scott. He is a hell of a nice guy, and I hope I can do some business with him. What a great resource to have a guy like that on this board!

Last edited:
Back