FICO score

Unfortunately, I had to declare bankruptcy in 2005 after a business venture failed and partners backed out when I overcommitted. I got appointed as a captive agent with one of the largest insurers, but I had to provide all the legal documentation and they still evaluated my credit report. They OK'd me because I pay my bills. It just got to the point where it was either pay my bills and hitchhike to work, or don't pay them. I was stretched to the absolute max with bankruptcy "reform" soon to take effect. I have worked to pay other bills I did not include since the bankruptcy to attempt to rebuild my credit.

I got through because I was clearly not a deadbeat that just failed routinely on my obligations. If I had the bankruptcy plus numerous unpaid obligations on my report, I would have never made it.

Bottom line is I think most companies will take most people, particularly those that market through the indy channels and really have very little invested in your success.

you have no problems getting annual premiums on life insurance??

If you dont ask . . .

Frankly, if the client can't afford an annual premium, you either have the wrong client or your are proposing too much coverage.

Back