Final DOL Fiduciary Regulations

My only comment on trail commissions. If you get sued are the DOL comes after you anyone wanna bet if that is grounds for a for cause termination and there goes your income stream.

1. First bad sign your dealing w a bad business is "how they treat the help?"

2. I'm willing to bet that"trailing inc." does not trail for long. Is it assignable? Can you sell it? Can you leave it to your heirs? I doubt it. Ins.co. is betting you die before you collect your "due and proper."

---basically....the ins.co.s, just chopped your comm. End of story.

1. First bad sign your dealing w a bad business is "how they treat the help?"

2. I'm willing to bet that"trailing inc." does not trail for long. Is it assignable? Can you sell it? Can you leave it to your heirs? I doubt it. Ins.co. is betting you die before you collect your "due and proper."

---basically....the ins.co.s, just chopped your comm. End of story.

You really don't need that long for trails to pass taking it all up front. For many carriers, it will be year 5-7 on the 10 year products.

You really don't need that long for trails to pass taking it all up front. For many carriers, it will be year 5-7 on the 10 year products.

First time I saw trails on fixed products not counting growth the trails did equal full upfront commission till surrender charges where done which was plain foolish.

First time I saw trails on fixed products not counting growth the trails did equal full upfront commission till surrender charges where done which was plain foolish.

Carriers now have adapted to that. As they enter the b/d space, where there is a lot of trail business in general, the comp options have changed.

There are plenty of solid carriers with good trail commission options available today.

Back